• The Project Manager will work in a professional and comfortable work environment where the core focus is on learning, growth, knowledge sharing, teamwork and collaboration.
• The Project Manager must work in a team with other Project Managers within boundaries of strict project deadlines.
• The Project Manager will be exposed to excellent training opportunities both internally and externally.
• Projects in our environment typically vary in duration between 3- 6 months, with the occasional 18 month project occurring.
• The Project Manager must also be willing to do business travel to customer sites as per business requirements.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. Customer Relations.
2. Documentation skills, i.e. the standard and quality of documents.
3. The ability to solve problems.
4. Solid proficiency with Microsoft Web Technologies.
5. Demonstrated history of delivering completed projects.
6. Communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Grade 12 Senior Certificate (Matric)
Advantageous (nice to have):
• A relevant university degree or equivalent.
• Knowledge of Project Methodology.
• Knowledge of the role of the PMO.
• Knowledge of SQL 2005 – 2008
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Office toolset – MS word, MS excel, MS Visio, MS Project
• Experience working as a Project Manager for minimum 1 – 2 years. Experience in managing projects involving Microsoft Web Technologies for more than 1 year.
• It would be advantageous to have experience in system or business analysis for at least 1 year.
• Prince 2.
• Be able to give to interact with technical resources and business stakeholders, and provide a communication channel between them.
• Be able to build strong relationships.
• Be able to work in a team environment.
• Be able to interact well with management and colleagues.
• Be able to communicate excellently (written and verbal communication)
• Be able to successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions.
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
• Planning and organising.
• Knowledge Specialisation.
• Must be individually driven and motivated.
• Must be reliable and responsible.
• Must be enthusiastic.
• Must be willing to work overtime when required.
• Must be willing to do business travel to customer sites as and when required.