Project Preparation Trust of KZN (PPT) specialises in the preparation of pro-poor development projects. The Informal Economy Support Programme (IESP) is the cutting edge initiative which is co-funded by the Jobs Fund, eThekwini and Department of Small Business Development, is now in its second, up-scaled phase (of a three-year duration) following a successful pilot phase. The IESP supports selected, high potential micro and informal enterprises (MIEs) in order to stimulate business growth and job creation.
Job Title: Marketing Specialist for the Informal Economy Support Programme
Job Location: Durban
Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience
Start date: August or September 2018
Duration: A four months contract position (full or part-time) with the potential for a further position subject to review
- Undertake marketing and promotion work for the IESP and potentially for selected MIEs.
- Provide high quality product (designs, concepts, brochures, newsletter campaigns, presentations, social media etc.)
- Work effectively with diverse external stakeholders and project teams
- Manage or assist in managing and coordinating different marketing campaigns
- Minimum of five years’ relevant applied marketing experience evidenced by a portfolio and reference.
- Ability to conceptualise, design and develop promotional materials including use of social media including using relevant software
- Ability to assist in developing new opportunities, strategic relationships and securing funding
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders (government, NGOs, private sector, communities etc.)
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Writing and editing skills
- Computer literacy
- Communication and people skills
- Strong skills in planning, organising and team-work
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Valid S.A. driver’s licence
- Marketing skills and team-work abilities
- Ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Durban-based or KZN
- Experience or understanding of the informal economy and micro enterprise
- Knowledge of the developmental environment, conditions and stakeholders in KZN
- Relevant post graduate qualification
- Available to start immediately
- More than five years’ relevant work experience
- Ability to provide products in English and Zulu
- Own car
To apply, submit a cover letter, CV with contactable referees, and copies of educational qualifications to [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you are not contacted within two months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
PPT reserves the right not to appoint anyone to this position.
Application Deadline: 3rd August, 2018