Project T.E.N is an International Development Volunteering and Educational programme that operates Volunteer Centers in various countries. Young adults from all over the world come to the centers for 3 months at a time to volunteer with the local population and participate in study sessions in International Development, Social Involvement, Identity and Activism.
Job Title: Director
- Lead and development of intervention programs in the local communities for Education, Public Health and Social Activism
- Cultivate relationships with local organisations, educational establishments and third sector organisations
- Manage and train employees
- Manage and lead volunteer groups
- Responsible for managing and logistics in the Ten Centre South Africa
- Professional background and proven success in managing a large and multidimensional educational/social project/institution/organisation
- Education professional committed to social involvement
- Rich and varied experience in social activism
- Experience in managing volunteers and/or volunteer projects
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and lead a team
- Complex project implementation and planning skills, including budget management and formative evaluation
- Experience in managing a project of young people in boarding school/community/shared accommodation conditions
- Command of English (most of the oral and written work will be in English)
- Ability to undertake hard work in a changing intercultural environment
- Ability to undertake a long term commitment (two years)
- South African citizenship
- Degree in a relevant field Education, Community Management, Social work, Sustainable and Development
To apply, CV to [email protected] please specify in heading: TEN Project director plus location.
Only suitable applications will be responded.
Application Closing Date: 10th June, 2018