Posted on :
21 Jul, 2012
21 Jul, 2012
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To develop and implement engineering and continuous improvement projects. Manage site support services and ensure health, safety and environmental requirements and assets integrity standards are maintained.
Main duties include:
• Lead the technical team towards achievement of optimal efficiencies and effectiveness in support of engineering and site objectives.
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities, develop ideas into projects and manage the implementation thereof.
• Development and maintenance of the asset integrity guideline system as per company requirements.
• Manage engineering interface with contractors and suppliers.
• Manage HSEQ (health, safety, environmental and quality) commitments of the work area.
• Lead site energy and water management activities in partial fulfilment of the company’s sustainability goals.
• Provide engineering support to maintenance team.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE ETC:
The successful incumbent should be in possession of a Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and must have at least 2 yrs experience in projects and managing contractors. Detailed knowledge and working experience of HSE, ISO systems and legal requirements related to engineering and factories is a requirement. Competence in MS Projects is essential as well as AutoCAD user knowledge. Experience in the paint or chemical industry would be a distinct advantage. Applicant must have GCC Factories or be working towards it.
Key competencies identified include:
Energy, Work Standards, Tenacity, Aligning performance for success, Contributing to Team success, Building Strategic Working Relationships, Quality Orientation, Planning and Organizing, Technical/Professional Knowledge.
Apply in writing: [email protected]