Established in 1992, the Prostaff Holdings Group is entrusted by many successful companies and skilled candidates to provide complete recruitment solutions and highly effective human resource services specialising within the areas of Scientific, Food and Personal Care, Medical / Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Mining, Civil and Building, FMCG, Financial, and Management. Our specialized consultants are passionate about fulfilling dreams and aspirations and growing and developing individuals successfully within the industry. Our recruiting knowledge spans 20 years and we pride ourselves on successful long-term relationships built with both clients and applicants alike.
Job Title: Jnr Technical Manager
A well-known and established Group requires the above to join their Fibre Optics Division in order to oversee all technical and civil activities by both internal teams and sub-contractors.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Tertiary degree or diploma or a certificate in Project Management is preferred but not essential.
- Certificate for the South African Council for Project and Construction Management Profession (SACPCMP) is preferred but not essential.
- Tertiary qualification or certificate in Business Administration or related is preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience having worked in project management is advantageous.
- Previous experience having worked within a civil or engineering or project management or related environment is preferred but not essential.
- Previous telecommunications or fibre or related experience is preferred but not essential.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must have strong administration and people skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing five to fifty contractors on-site as well as managing about ten sites at a time.
- Monitoring and managing performance of all civil-related MDU staff to ensure that civil targets are consistently achieved.
- Setting KPIs and KPAs with HOD for all civil related staff to track performance of MDU civil staff against departmental standards and targets.
- Submitting weekly and monthly reports to HOD regarding all civil related numbers and issues.
- Developing, instituting and formulating processes for the civil aspects department to optimise performance.
- Ensuring that all assistant technical managers are technically up to standard according to the MDU specification.
- Ensuring that the quality of all build sites is executed, whilst populating Rate Cards for all MDU builds.
- Controlling costing and technical aspects of department to ensure that all builds are within budget.
- Controlling and organising procurement of stock for MDU department.
- Assigning contractors for all MDU builds.
- Negotiating terms for each MDU builds with contractors.
- Liaising with HOD and keep him up to date on all MDU civil-related issues.
- Liaising with MDU planning and acquisitions department to ensure that processes are followed.
Salary package, including benefits, are negotiable depending on experience gained.