9Programme for Technological Careers (PROTEC) is a national nonprofit organisation implementing an effective, holistic model of education and career enrichment to help previously disadvantaged school learners with real aptitude, to successfully embark on careers in Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Job Title: Tutors
Employment Type: Part Time Contract
Remuneration: The hourly rate offered is negotiable depending on your experience.
- An appropriate, recognized, relevant Bachelors’ degree or equivalent qualification OR university students that have a passion for paying it forward.
- Minimum of three to five years teaching experience or university students that are competent and willing to assist learners.
- Knowledge of curriculum – CAPS for FET bands.
- Knowledge of Blended Learning/e-Learning approach to teaching and learning.
- Good class presentation skills.
- Good class management skills.
- Communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Curriculum development
- Manage and teach the subject allocated to him/her on days agreed with PROTEC (Saturdays, vacation classes and at school).
- Ensure proper planning and preparation for each lesson to be presented.
- Ensure that proper assessment and evaluation of learners is done periodically.
- Manage the resources used on the learning site or in the classroom.
- Keep records of planning and monitoring.
- Write reports on the work done.
- Attend tutor training workshops.
The position is based at either MH Baloyi, Seageng or NM Tsuene High Schools in Tshwane.
The following documents must be forwarded via e-mail to [email protected].
- Your latest updated and comprehensive curriculum vitae.
- Certified copies of all your qualifications.
- A letter of motivation telling us why you are the perfect candidate for this position.
- Certified copy of your ID (foreign nationals to provide certified copies of passports, visa and work permit).
Application Deadline: Thursday, 9 January, 2020