To apply for the bursary programme:
- You must be studying, or intend to study, at a university to become a chartered accountant of South Africa (CA (SA)).
- Your degree must be one that is accredited by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA).
- You must have participated in extramural activities at school and university.
If you are in Grade 12:
- You must be writing for a matric exemption and university acceptance.
- Your subjects must include Mathematics and English (Maths Literacy does not qualify).
- You must be getting over 60% for all your subjects.
If you are at university:
- You must be passing all your subjects consistently.
- Bursary students must maintain a consistently good academic record at university and pass the required number of subjects in each academic year to PwC’s satisfaction.
Skills and behaviours we are looking for:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm, drive, determination and output driven
- Leadership potential, professionalism and integrity
- Proficiency in English and good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Logical thinking
- Broader business knowledge, ability to think out of the box to deliver quality solutions that our clients seek
Bursary holders are required to serve a three-year training contract with PwC on completion of their post-graduate studies.
The contract may be extended for a longer period, depending on the financial value of the bursary and number of years for which it was awarded.
We expect our bursary holders to progress steadily throughout the three years in order to qualify as a CA(SA).
This includes writing the qualifying exams and achieving the necessary core hours as prescribed by SAICA.
During your learnership, you will gain experience in the following fields:
- Business information systems
- Financial management
- Secretarial systems
- Taxation and estates
Click Here to PWC Career Page and then Click on Search “South Africa” and Apply