We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services.
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all graduate programmesoffer the same deal: the opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build relationships that will stay with you for life.
Our graduate training programme is underpinned by a development framework that broadens and deepens your knowledge. You’ll learn from hands-on coaching and an outstanding variety of work. You’ll gain business, personal and technical skills you can use across the business and throughout your career.
All our people need to demonstrate skills and behaviours that will support us in implementing our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework: The PwC Professional.
A training contract is a three year learnership contract with a registered training office.
During your learnership with PwC, you will be able to put into practice the theory you have learned at university. You will work in a challenging business environment, travelling to clients on most days, and you will interact with people on various levels.
You may apply for a training contract at any time during your studies. If you are successful, your learnership will start the year after you complete your honours degree or obtain your Certificate in the Theory of Accounting (CTA).
To apply for the training contract programme:
- You must be studying, or intend to study, at a university to become a chartered accountant of South Africa (CA(SA)).
- Your degree must be one that is accredited by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA).
- It will be to your advantage if you participated in extramural activities at school and university.If you are in Grade 12:
- You must be writing for a matric exemption and university acceptance.
- Your subjects must include Mathematics and English (Maths Literacy does not qualify).
- You must be getting over 60% for all your subjects.If you are at university:
- You must be passing all your subjects consistently.Students must maintain a consistently good academic record at university and pass the required number of subjects in each academic year to PwC’s satisfaction.
Skills and behaviours we are looking for:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm, drive, determination and output driven
- Leadership potential, professionalism and integrity
- Proficiency in English and good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Logical thinking
- Broader business knowledge, ability to think out of the box to deliver quality solutions that our clients seek
- Responsibilities of students on the learnership
During your learnership, you will be expected to:
- Perform audits at various clients in different industries to express an opinion on their financial records;
- Work closely with the audit team to ensure client deadlines are met; and
- Progress steadily during towards qualifying as a CA(SA). This includes writing the qualifying exams and attaining the core hours as prescribed by SAICA.
- Taxation and estates
- During your learnership, you will gain experience in the following fields:
- Business information systems
- Financial management
- Secretarial systems
- Taxation and estates
We know that the skills and experiences you gain with us will stay with you throughout your career. So join PwC. We’ll help you to reach your full potential.
Click Here to Apply – Johannesburg
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.