Qualcomm is a wireless telecommunications research and development company, as well as the largest fabless chip supplier in the world, Qualcomm South Africa is recruiting:
Senior Staff Engineer/Manager – Johannesburg, South Africa
Support local Global Business Development activities and assume the role of a Principal Technology Advisor to Cellular Wireless Network Operators in the region. Provide technical guidance and advice to local business development team. Develop and execute engineering support strategies for wireless network operators in Africa.
Develop engineering technical support business with wireless network operators and deliver support services with the help of a small engineering team. Deliver specialized WCDMA/CDMA training and technical seminars. Lead a small team of engineers in providing engineering technical support to wireless network operators solving CDMA and WCDMA wireless network performance /capacity problems and address technology changes impact on network evolution issues.
- Extensive background with working knowledge and experience in cellular wireless networks, standards, network deployment and multivendor integration and testing.
- Must have strong knowledge of CDMA2000 and WCDMA cellular radio access and core network technologies and standards.
- WCDMA/CDMA cellular radio access network design experience with hands-on exposure to popular network planning tools (e.g. Atoll), performance analysis tools (e.g. Actix), and any other software tools are preferred.
- Must have system integration and test experience in CDMA and WCDMA radio access technologies.
- Must have prior leadership and management experience of a small team of engineers in a high paced production environment.
- Must have good communication and presentation skills – prior teaching experience is preferred.
- Must able to sustain 40% travel.
- Knowledge of physical layer procedures and signaling protocols of both CDMA2000 and WCDMA cellular radio access technologies to be able to deliver training on both subjects skillfully.
- Knowledge of indoor and outdoor RF propagation models, backhaul transport and core network dimensioning.
- Additional knowledge & experience in spectrum allocation and interference management would be preferred.
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with specialization in Digital Communications, Communication Theory, and Wireless Networks.
Please apply directly to our website at www.qualcomm.com/careers searching by job title or requisition number E1879028 or click here E1879028