Posted on :
20 Sep, 2013
20 Sep, 2013
We are looking to recruit CRA’s and Senior CRA’s to work in a busy clinical research department providing essential monitoring support. The role provides the opportunity to develop monitoring skills with advanced responsibilities, critical and central to the conduct of the clinical project. The CRA oversees the progress of a Clinical Trial, ensuring that it is conducted, recorded and reported in accordance with the protocol, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and the applicable Regulatory requirements.
Positions can be based in Cape Town or Pretoria/Johannesburg and can potentially be home- or office based.
Conduct monitoring visits for assigned protocols and study sites. Ensure that clinical research studies are conducted in accordance with the protocol, standard operating procedures, good clinical practice, and applicable regulatory requirements.
How much travelling is involved?
Approximately 60% although we try to limit it. It also depends on the study – some have more travelling involved than others.
Therapeutic areas involved:
TB, Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Oncology, Cardiovascular, Flu, Osteo, HIV etc.
Which business units?
Clin Ops and GFR (sponsor dedicated unit)
(GCP) and International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) guidelines
• In depth therapeutic and protocol knowledge as provided in company training
• Computer skills including proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and use of a lap top computer
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including good command of English language
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Effective time management skills
• Ability to manage competing priorities
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in a health care or other scientific discipline or educational equivalent and more than 1 year of on-site monitoring experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
• Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time
• Frequent travel to sites, primarily domestic, may include international travel
How to Apply