Posted on :
31 Mar, 2014
31 Mar, 2014
To provide support to Affiliate Finance Managers and Business Manager. Ensure compliance to Engen group policies and procedures; to protect the group against financial and business risk thereby contributing to an effective business operation. Responsible for implementation, guidance and support in relation to Engen processes, controls and procedures.
Key Responsibilities Financial
• Monthly financial reporting
• Financial risk management
• Financial management
• Business controls and governance
• Business planning and forecasting
• Management information system
• Training and mentorship
Specific Outcomes Financial
Monthly financial reporting
•To ensure accurate financial reporting to group accounting
Financial risk management
•Audit open items and contingent liabilities
•Assist with preparation for internal/external audits and resolutions of findings thereof
•Put in place working capital management initiatives to achieve group targets
•Assist with funding strategies and financial instruments options
Business controls and governance
•Business controls and corporate governance
•Understanding of affiliates regulatory framework and principles, and ensure compliance thereof
•Review affiliates policies and procedures and ensure alignment to group policies
•Accpac support co-ordination
•Identify/implement business process improvement initiatives in area of expertise
Business planning and forecasting
•Assist with preparation and delivery of the annual business plan
Management information system
•Data analysis and decision support to regional Business Manager / IBD management
Education & Experience
•B Com Accounting with Financial Accounting; Management Accounting; Taxation; Commercial Law; Auditing
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
•Understanding of Engen’s policies and procedures
•Petroleum industry understanding
•Accounting frameworks and standards
•Local regulatory requirements
•Systems (SAP and Accpac)
•French speaking person preferable
1. The appointment will be made in line with Engen’s Employment Equity Strategy.
2. All applications must be submitted to the contact person/numbers provided & in the manner requested.
3. If not submitted by the closing date, your application will automatically not be considered.
4. Engen does not guarantee that you will be called for an interview or appointed by virtue of your application.
5. Engen reserves the right not to make an appointment.
How to Apply