Posted on :
16 Jun, 2016
16 Jun, 2016
Trafigura is one of the world’s leading independent commodity trading and logistics houses. The company directly employs over 5,300 in 37 countries. We source, store, blend and deliver essential raw materials and commodities. In 2015, we traded 146.3 million tonnes of oil and petroleum products and 52.1 million tonnes of metals and minerals products. It has achieved substantial growth in recent years, growing revenue from USD18 billion in 2004 to USD97.2 billion in 2015.
– Design, plan, coordinate, execute, direct and monitor the supply chain activities (including transport by road, rail, ocean and services such as clearing and warehousing) with the objective of efficiently and effectively delivering goods from point of loading to final point of destination.
– Work closely with other departments to ensure the client and Impala’s requirements are met e.g. HSEC, Security, Finance, HR.
– Contribute towards Impala Africa’s strategy including commercial plans, marketing strategy and relationships (suppliers and customers);
– Lead, monitor and ensure quality and timely continuous track and trace of goods and accuracy of information;
– Compliance with company policies and procedures;
– End to end responsibility for projects.
– Manage and support the procurement of various modes of transport (rail, road and sea) including tender processes, rates negotiations, KPI’s and tailored solutions;
– Efficient planning and coordination of various modes of transport and logistics to ensure accurate and timely execution of all orders and related operations with maximum efficiency;
– Manage the forwarding and administration teams in accordance with Impala and customer standard operation procedures and ensure that the relevant KPI’s are met and exceeded on a consistent basis;
– Management of transport yields across all modes of transport to ensure that revenue targets are met;
– Key Account Management and attend to all client requests in a professional and timeous manner;
– Understand the business and operate widely, cooperate with and consider other relevant departments in terms of business, controls, related processes and problem solving;
– People management: 1) Identify and communication KPI’s for the team, 2) help individuals in the team become stronger in their functions 3) drive team work and team cooperation within the team and with other related teams;
– Business development – work with the Impala Africa Management Team to develop new business to support the strategy of the Impala Terminals Group;
– Prepare daily, weekly, monthly management reports and operations monitoring reports e.g. operational plans, performance and exceptions, trend & variance analysis;
– Work closely with the other Impala regional and global teams;
– Comply to country specific regulations;
– Perform additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
– Minimum of 5-7 years forwarding experience in Africa – of which at least 3 years’ experience in management.
– Tertiary education in the relevant field.
– Strong interpersonal, prioritisation, negotiation and conflict resolutions skills.
– Attention to detail.
– Proficient IT skills in particular in Excel and Navitrans.
– Fluent in spoken and written English and French. Swahili and/or Mandarin an advantage
– Open mentality: No 9 to 5 attitude.
– Accounting – knowledge and understanding of budgets, profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
– Strong understanding of warehousing, clearing, transport (road, rail and sea) and operations management;
– Ability to guide the team.
– Impala Africa Management Team
– Customers – across all levels of their organizations.
– Suppliers –hauliers, rail companies, clearing companies etc.
– Impala Regional Managing Director