Buhle Farmers’ Academy (BFA) is a nonprofit organisation whose mission is to train new and aspiring farmers from across South Africa to run farming businesses that are both profitable and sustainable and to help alleviate poverty by creating jobs in our own agricultural sector.
Over the years, Buhle has developed a number of best practices that, if replicated effectively, would make a huge difference in the transformation of the agricultural sector of our country on a national level.
Buhle Famers’ Academy seeks to appoint a Research Intern, based in Pretoria.
The Research Internship’s purpose is to assist with research on existing and potential new projects, farmer data gathering and analysis, report writing, to assist with contact and information management, client liaison and relationship building. The Research intern may also be required to do economic research and analysis on agro-ecological issues and land use impacts, but not limited to these only.
- Research and analytical tool development for monitoring and evaluation of farmer development criteria
- Research and writing progress reports for projects
- Assist with research administration and the coordination of research projects
- Assist with research for potential grants, donors and sponsorships
- Support staff in areas of internal and external communication and publicity (media, internet, phones, website, social media platforms)
- Manage the general logistical/organisational support to the staff as required
- Assist with formatting and editing of reports/documents as/when required
- Revise the database management system (Buhle Alumni, donors etc.)
- Preferred Qualifications Bsc/Diploma in Agribusiness management, Agricultural management, Agricultural Economics, Plant Science, Research and Technology, Public Relations or related
- Communication skills (must have excellent command of English both written and spoken language)
- Strong research aptitude for conducting web and journal based research and integrating and summarising information in a concise, timely and intelligible manner
- Strong proficiency with MS Office suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Access and data management programmes
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure with an eye for detail
- Be self-motivated, organised, willing to help with any project no matter how large or small
- Ability to balance multiple tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism priorities at once. While remaining discreet and trustworthy.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Team player with a Driver’s License
Opportunity closing date: Friday, 9 December, 2016
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence.
If you have not received response within four weeks of submitting your application, regard your application as unsuccessful.