RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 2,800 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Location: Pretoria
RTI International seeks to appoint an Administrative Assistant, to be based in Pretoria.
The Administrative Assistant will provide a wide range of administrative support for RTI International’s Power Africa Beyond-the-Grid Program within the International Development Group.
- Serve as the office receptionist: answer the door and phones, greet guests
- Organize internal meetings, reserving conference rooms and phone lines as needed including arranging catering as needed
- Organize external meetings, conferences, and other special events as required
- Facilitate video conference between DC and RTP Office
- Help coordinate IT support
- Coordinate office needs such as supply orders, maintenance requests, manage vendor deliveries to the office; organize and manage shared kitchen responsibilities
- Maintain Office Contact Lists and supplier database
- Serve as a liaison between other RTI offices in DC and RTI Headquarters (in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina) for delivering invoices/payment, maintenance requests, vendors, procuring new furniture, arranging office moves or set-ups and orientation for new hires and visitors
- Assist the team in and Sr. DC staff on travel, expense reports, presentations, and other tasks
- Support administrative contacts of programs
- Provide administrative support to DC-based global projects. Tasks may include tracking project staff travel; coordinating travel concurrences and visas; assisting with new hire mobilization to the field; project files management; etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years of relevant administrative work experience
- Candidates with experience working for international organizations preferred
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and be detail and deadline-oriented
- Must be a self starter, takes initiative, energetic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure; must be proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism
- Candidates with interest in / or prior exposure international or public health as demonstrated through internships, volunteer activities, study abroad, etc
- Strong computer/IT skills required, experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
To apply: Individuals are invited to submit a curriculum vitae (CV) in English with current contact information and details of relevant experience to [email protected], indicating the position title in the Subject line.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2019