R2K is a social movement fighting for our right to know! They reject secrecy in public and private sector, and champion the right to access and share information! Right2Know focuses on freedom of information, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly and freedom from surveillance.
Job Title: National Coordinator
Salt River, Cape Town, Right2Know
The Right2Know Campaign (R2K) is looking for an experienced National Coordinator to support efficient and effective campaigning efforts and ensure R2K continues to grow as a vibrant democratic Campaign.
This is an opportunity to work with committed activists around the country to support popular campaigns that have a real impact on the challenges facing South Africa at this critical period in our democracy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring R2K’s strategy and campaigns continue to have impact that fulfil the organization’s mission
- Working with R2K staff and elected leaders to maintain effectively participatory decision-making processes characterised by transparency and accountability
- Ensuring sound financial management and long term sustainability of the organisation, including raising necessary funds
- Ensuring R2K is governed in line with our principles and complies with all laws and regulations, policies and procedures
- Ensuring the efficient and effective day-to-day programmatic work of the organization by fostering effective teamwork between R2K activists and staff
The National Coordinator must meet the follow requirements:
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in a comparable position in the non-profit field;
- A relevant tertiary qualification (preferably post-graduate)
- Experience working in democratic activists spaces and commitment to the democratic principles of the R2K Campaign
- Strong grasp of the socio-economic context and law as it impacts on the right to know
- In-depth knowledge of non-profit governance and general management best practice
- Strong understanding of financial management and proven ability to raise funds
- Experience in developing and evaluating strategic and operational plans
- Understand performance management principles and maintain good working relationships with staff and volunteer activists in flexible team environments
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with multilingualism being an advantage
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task, pay attention to detail, planning, organising and time management
Candidates are requested to provide details of any participation had in Right2Know Campaigns.
Application Deadline: Friday 15th November 2019