The Right2Know Campaign is an umbrella group of organisations and activists campaigning to advance the free flow of information in South Africa. R2K is best known for leading the civil society campaign on the Secrecy Bill, but its work has expanded to tackle broader issues relating to access to information, freedom of expression, and the free flow of information.
The Right2Know Campaign seeks to appoint a Western Cape Provincial Organiser, to be based in Salt River, Cape Town.
This full time post
Job Title: Western Cape Provincial Organiser
Location: Cape Town
- Work with provincial and national R2K leadership to ensure provincial strategic development/planning
- Ensure our advocacy and popular education programme is implemented in the Province including organising and facilitating workshops and meetings as well as organising various advocacy events
- Maintain knowledge of various civil society organisations, networks, and initiatives in the Province and ensure Campaign supporters participate in the Campaign
- Provide administrative support to various processes and events undertaken by Campaign activists including producing a monthly narrative report, maintaining all documentation and records including relevant email lists and records of Provincial expenditure
- Minimum of three years’ relevant experience, preferably in a similar environment
- Written/verbal communication skills with multilingualism being an advantage
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task, pay attention to detail, planning, organising and time management
- Strong computer skills are essential (Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail and Internet)
- Ability to maintain good working relationship and work with volunteer activists in flexible team environments is a necessity
- Proven ability to develop and implement an advocacy strategy
- Strong meeting and workshop facilitation skills
- Ability to navigate social media platforms is advantageous
- Must bring a commitment to the democratic principles of the R2K Campaign, as well as an understanding of issues relating to the right to know
- Driver’s licence, code 8, would be an advantage
- Minimum of three years’ relevant experience to lead popular education, undertake mobilisation, and support local activists
To apply, upload a CV with contactable references and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements listed above using this form: https://goo.gl/forms/CkKTe0CWbq4eHtQe2
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
R2K reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Application Deadline: 11th June, 2018