Rio Tinto is a leading international mining group headquartered in the UK. Rio Tinto’s business is finding, mining and processing mineral resources. Major products are aluminium, copper, diamonds, energy (coal and uranium), gold, industrial minerals (borax, titanium dioxide, salt, talc) and iron ore.
Rio Tinto South Africa recruits: TECHNICIAN: PCS – MSP/TTP – RIC0000R
The primary purpose of this role is to provide control systems support and execution of related projects.
- Establish and maintain the smooth operation of process control infrastructure networks (PLC’s level 2 systems, networks, computer hardware and software) to support plants, mines and RMM
- Fault-find, rectify, modify and test PLC hardware and software, HMI, Expert Systems, Telemetry, Ethernet network and other process control equipment
- Assist in the design of project solutions and effective implementation in accordance with project plans
- Offer technical support to plant technicians and external contractors
- Compile functional specifications/scopes, reports on investigations, conditions of assets and project-related services for process control systems
- Log SAP notifications and purchase requisitions
- Plan, order and ensure stock/equipment and operate within set financial parameters
- Research, develop and improve existing methods, technology and equipment
- Implement change where required
- Conduct toolbox talks to ensure safe and effective operations
- Maintain technical specifications, standards, diagrams and operating procedures of process control equipment
- Maintain and improve safety, health and environmental standards and practices
- Perform fair and reasonable tasks related to the job and working environment at the discretion of the superintendent
- N6/ or diploma in Electrical or Electronic Engineering/MCSE or similar IT qualification
- At least 3 years industrial automation and automation related project experience
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience essential
- Sound knowledge of Allan Bradley and Modicom PLC’s
- Thorough knowledge of designated process control systems
- EB Licence
RBM is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups in line with the company policy on employment equity.
CLOSING DATE: 19 MARCH 2010