Posted on :
27 Sep, 2022
27 Sep, 2022
The Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for activities and operations in the accounts payable department. Analyses invoices and expense reports for accuracy and eligibility for payment. Being an AP Supervisor ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and maintains accurate financial records and control reports. Prepares accounts payable register and related reports promptly. The AP Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the Accounts payable process for 6 Companies & will supervise a small team and should have the ability to take ownership of the team.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Supervisor / Debtors Supervisor (IT / Technology Industry)
Location: Century City
Duties & Responsibilities:
Supervise the Accounts Payable team
• Reconciliation of allocated general ledger accounts.
• Reconciliation for payment of vendor accounts
• Oversee the accounts payable, creditors reconciliations, and cashbook entries
• Management of the Forex Contracts for use at payment runs
• Loading of Payment for Foreign & African Vendors as well as
• Review and post Accounts Payable and cashbook batches.
• Sign off the Accounts Payable staff members recons versus the vendor statement to ensure compliantly and contains all entries
• Assist the Accounts Payable team members with queries within the wider organisations
• Preparation of standard monthly journal entries when required
• Filing linked to the above job functions
• Daily & Monthly Cashflow preparation
• Arranging twice monthly query/Vendor pay run -sign-off meetings with Accounts Department Manager
• Able to manage all Financial Year End Audit requirements for the AP team.
• Onboarding of all new Vendors for all 6 companies – Vendor vetting to be done prior to completing the onboarding
• Managing the Vendor Master File for all companies in your portfolio
• Management of all company documents (Updated Bank Confirmation letters, Updated Company Documents) as well as completing all Credit / Vendor application documents for all companies under your portfolio
• Validation and verification of all AP Adjustments and Nett Offs in the System
• Manual processing of Invoices and Credit for Select Vendors
• Verifying all interest charges form Vendors
• Able to navigate and manage select Vendor portals
• Working closing with the financial manager to ensure all SARBs Approvals are current and in place
• Monthly Aging meetings with direct Manager and Managing Director
• Weekly & Monthly meetings with AP Team
• Other duties as required from time to time
Desired Experience & Qualification:
Knowledge of relevant brand products and process.
✓ Knowledge of vendor structure to have the correct point of contact.
✓ Knowledge of information management industry in South Africa.
✓ Knowledge of IT Industry
.Minimum Qualifications :
• Financial Diploma/ relevant qualification
• SAGE 300/ ACCPAC
• Sage/Accpac experience and report writing are a must
• Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Proven experience dealing with a minimum of 100 to a maximum of 500 vendors/suppliers.
• Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working with bank reconciliations and all accounting journals
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience within the finance department