Posted on :
25 Nov, 2022
25 Nov, 2022
Reporting to the Manager: Network and Telecoms, the successful incumbent is accountable to the computing environment by identifying requirements, installing upgrades, monitoring network performance. Maintain a stable, reliable and secure network infrastructure (LAN, WAN, RAS/Mobile/Home Office, Wireless connectivity etc.) Ensure availability and network protection against intrusion or malicious activities. Work hand in hand with Network Specialist Engineer and systems engineers to ensure a smooth functioning of the network.
Job Title: Engineer Network: T.A.S.K Level 14
Duties & Responsibilities:
Policy Review and Implementation
▪ Contribute to the development and implementation of departmental policy, procedures and processes.
▪ Keep up to date with effective policy and practice execution strategies.
Network Planning and Administration:
▪ Plan and maintain connection to/ from different sites (WAN).
▪ Plan and maintain LAN within a Branch.
▪ Plan and maintain of backup links
▪ Plan and schedule maintenance to minimise downtime
▪ Design and implement remote access solutions.
Network Installation/ Configuration:
▪ Install Network Equipment (Cabinets, routers, switches)
▪ Install RAS networking
▪ Install wireless networking
▪ Setup of network management server (adding/ removing of network items on management database)
▪ Setup of QOS (quality of service) on links using layer for switching
▪ Facilitate and manage communication with relevant internal and external stakeholders and proactively and progressively manage the relationships.
▪ Communicate with all levels of stakeholder contact.
▪ Resolve network crisis as they occur (Breakdowns).
▪ Cabling of offices.
▪ Optimitization of the network.
▪ Install network points.
▪ Monitor WAN/LAN (links, usage, updown times, availability)
▪ Monitor internet Links
▪ Monitor Firewall logs
▪ Track and prepare the project status report on the progress of the implementation of reporting requirements.
▪ Develop reports/ policies/ procedures and guide the process through the alignment of the documents to the overall RAF’s Strategy.
▪ Prepare proposals, briefings, presentations, reports, and other documentation and provide management information both verbally and in report format.
▪ Implement and maintain network redundancy and virtualization
▪ Ensure network components and configuration information is backed up regularly
Desired Experience & Qualification:
Qualifications and Experience:
▪ Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Information Technology related qualification.
▪ Relevant 5-7 years’ experience in IT and Networking environment.
Technical and behavioural competencies required:
▪ Team resilience.
▪ Network and alliance.
▪ Employee engagement.
▪ Talent management.
▪ Change management.
▪ Stakeholder development and relations.
▪ Extensive knowledge of network configuration, routing, switching, data communications, network designs and network tools
▪ Knowledge of network performance tuning
▪ LAN knowledge
▪ Knowledge of network design and implementation.
Package & Remuneration:
Total cost to company applicable to this position is minimum R771 969.00 per annum, negotiable.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in a manner that will suit their needs”.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to People with Disabilities.
Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful.
Security Vetting shall be conducted on all prospective employees.
It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such.