The ICT Internships mentioned position is available in the Finance Department at Robben Island Museum and is a 12 Months Contract.
Objective of this internship is to provide work experience exposure in ICT for the qualified graduate in Information Technology or Computer Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists staff with installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computer, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines;
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software;
- Assist ICT RIM helpdesk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from users;
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, and administrative systems;
- Assist user with printing support and telephones incidents;
- Assist with the incident management at the ICT Helpdesk;
- Assist in maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone systems cable;
- Assist in management of RIM ICT assets and administration;Experience and Technical skills:
- Diploma/ degree in Information Technology or Computer Systems/ Science;
- Grade 12 or Matric;
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical skills;
- Oral communication;
- Sound judgement;
- Team player;
- Time management;
- Good organisational skills.
RIM is an EE, AA, employer, RIM reserves the right not to make an appointment if suitable candidate are not found.
Forward a detailed cv, accompanied by certified copies your ID and qualification certificates as well as contactable referees, to [email protected] by no later than 08 February 2017.
Note : If you do not hear from us within 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
HOW TO APPLY
Click Here to VIEW FULL INTERNSHIP ADVERT