Posted on :
3 Sep, 2014
3 Sep, 2014
An opportunity has become available for a Personal Assistant to Supply Chain Director
• Secretariat Diploma
• At least 10 years’ secretarial experience of which 5 years’ secretarial experience should be working for an executive
• MS Office
• Mind Manager
• JD Edwards for processing of requisitions and reporting
• Basic knowledge of contracts (desirable, but not essential)
• Basic knowledge of budgets and management thereof
• Minute taking
• Project Management
• Telephone Etiquette
• Professional report writing
KEY PERFOMANCE AREAS (Not limited to):
• Ensure the Executive’s diary is optimally managed for internal and external responsibilities and duties
• Liaises with other stakeholders to coordinate various meetings
• Maintain a consolidated list of action items flowing from various forums, committees and meetings
• Follows -up on all actions emanating from the Exco and Board meetings
• Schedules meetings for Executive Managers to meet with direct reports and their teams at intervals as agreed.
• Provides confidential secretarial support to the Executive Manager.
• Recording and typing agendas, minutes, memos, letters, reports and presentations for the Executive Manager when required.
• Receives and sends e-mail.
• Responsible for answering, scanning and re-routing of telephone calls as well as setting up of telephone or video conferences.
• Responsible for scrutinising, re-routing and answering of all incoming correspondence (mail and e-mail)
• Books venues for meetings and organises refreshments
• Ensures database with contacts and telephone numbers and e-mail addresses is established and maintained.
• Supports Executive with compliance to company policies and ensure Executive is kept abreast of policy changes.
• Scout and maintain an awareness of the banknote and functional environments related to the Executive’s portfolio and advise the Executive of information and or matters of interest such as conferences, seminars etc.
• Cost centre and budget monitoring to alert Executive of risks
• Responsible for making travel arrangements for the Executive by:
Liaising with people and companies to be visited to arrange suitable dates and venues.
Providing instructions to SARB/SABN travel office regarding travelling requirements i.t.o flights.
Arranges accommodation, car hire etc.
Supports the Executive with trip planning after receiving options from SARB travel office
Prepares detailed itineraries for the Executive
Organises visas, foreign exchange and or advances and prepares documentation. Arranges with Finance for cheques / deposits
The above will also include travel for personal purposes such as commuting flights etc.
• On return ensures that all unused foreign exchange is returned, counted and sold back to the Bank.
• Compile and process travel claims.
• Conducts research in preparation for the Executive’s engagements and meetings.
• Ensures the Executive’s notes etc., are prepared in advance for presentations and meetings
• Ensures the Executive’s presentation materials are professionally prepared and communicated to parties in advance, if necessary
• Develops and maintains a filing system according to the company’s document control standards and procedures and the 20 Keys guidelines
• Shreds all obsolete confidential information
• Opens all incoming mail.
• Responsible for ordering of stationery and consumables
• Ensures all equipment in the office is in good working order
• Records and manages the Executive’s leave.
• Ensure the Executive performs the necessary declarations of gifts and or interests as and when necessary.
• Arranges with courier company to collect parcels, completes waybill and ensures that parcels are handled according to company standards
• Process Requisitions
• Reporting using the company’s ERP system or reporting tools.
• Ensure the Executive is aware of subordinates and family birthdays and such like matters.
Professional Support to Executive
• Liaise with other secretaries in the company and SARB Group.
• Works closely with Company Secretary on matters to do with the Board and Sub-committees
• Co ordinates and communicates all items in Risk and/or Internal/External Audit reports which need to be actioned to Executive’s teams. Support the Executive with follow-up activities
Monthly & Quarterly Reports and Audit Reports
• Sends out reminders to Managers teams regarding deadlines for submission of monthly reports.
• Consolidates departmental monthly reports.
• Reads through Audit Reports and consolidates audit findings into a single report and follows-up with Managers to ensure that items are actioned.
How to Apply