Posted on :
10 Feb, 2014
10 Feb, 2014
REPORTS TO: AIRLINK BRANCH MANAGER / OPERATIONS MANAGER
DIVISION: CARGO – UPINGTON
The purpose of the cargo officer position is to ensure the smooth, efficient acceptance and transfer of cargo both physically and logically into and/or out of warehouse locations and to flights. To assist with cargo sales and marketing in the region in a confident and presentable manner.
1. Ensure that the acceptance of cargo from clients is handled in a smooth, accurate and efficient manner.
2. Generate air waybills and labels on the IVS system and ensure that all manual waybills are captured in IVS.
3. Ensure that cargo is checked in and/or out of the warehouse through the IVS system for track and trace purposes.
4. Ensure that all cargo is manifested for outgoing flights, and pre-alerts sent to receiving branch
5. Ensure that out turn reports are sent to the origin branch after every flight.
6. Ensure that a IVS cash invoice is generated for cash clients
7. Ensure that customers are updated on the status of their cargo movement, either telephonically or via email.
8. Prepare a weekly Sales Report with all air waybill copies, invoices, proof of payment and deposit slips
9. To assist with cargo sales and marketing when required.
10. Ensure all filing is done daily in an easily identifiable system.
11. Ensure compliance with customs regulations
12. Ensure that all regulations regarding different cargo commodities, i.e. Courier, AVI, HUM, PER, VAL etc are complied with
13. All responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards and Occupations Health and Safety Standards.
14. Will assist with any other tasks that the Manager may allocate.
CV FOR THE ATTENTION OF: SUZANNE CARRICK
REFERENCE NUMBER TO BE QUOTED: CO – CAR – 0214
APPLICATIONS TO BE FAXED TO: (011) 390-9906
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US NO LATER THAN: TUESDAY, 11 FEBRUARY 2014
To apply for any positions at Airlink, please download and fill in the Airlink Job Application Form. This must be sent along with your CV to the fax number as indicated on the relevant advertisement.
PLEASE NOTE: PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE S A AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED!