Posted on :
31 Jul, 2017
31 Jul, 2017
The purpose of this program is to equip x10 learners to understand and acquaint themselves with the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to distribution within the Wholesale & Retail sector, thus enabling them to become more effective employees.
Reference Code: SAB-ZA-24432
Key Purpose Statement
This Certificate provides learners with grounding in all areas of Distribution.
This may enable them not only to increase their productivity within the Wholesale and Retail Sector but also to apply their learning in various other business environments.
– Matric, a tertiary qualification in Logistics, Supply Chain or Commercial or equivalent will be an added advantage.
– Should be unemployed and aged between 18 and 35.
– Computer literate.
– SAP literacy advantageous.
– Good interpersonal skills/builds good relationships.
– Ability to work under pressure.
– Good verbal and communication skills.
– Good self-management principles.
– Ability to adapt to change effectively.
– Lives the values of the organization.
– Good numerical ability.
Output and Accountabilities
Effective Fleet management:
– Conduct pre-trip inspections prior to the start of each shift using the forklift inspection checklist.
– Ensure that the forklift is operated and maintained in optimal condition.
– Ensure that fuel and fluids are at accepted operating levels.
Adherence to the health, safety and environmental standards
– Department of labour stacking exemptions complied with.
– Site housekeeping standards maintained and adhered to.
– Appropriate personal protective equipment used as designated by site safety standards.
Effective stock quality management:
– Warehouse stock age standards maintained by ensuring stock rotation principles applied
– Ensures quality control through checking packaging on warehouse floor and prior to loading.
Effective inventory management:
– Participation in handover process before and after every shift
– Accurate daily stock count performed using handheld device.
– Generate variance report in SAP and resolve discrepancies.
– Maintain clear and effective communication with inventory manager, controller and supervisor.
Accurate checking, loading and unloading of vehicles
– Load summary used to load correct quantities of split and full pallets.
– Shipments status updated in SAP.
– Efficient loading and unloading of vehicles.
– Maintain clear and effective communication with warehouse controller and other warehouse employees.
– All documentation accurately and comprehensively completed.
Ensure production continuity (where applicable):
– Load empties and raw materials onto production lines whilst ensuring optimal productivity.
– Remove and stack finished product from the line to bin also whilst ensuring optimal line productivity.
– Conversant and relevant business information, policies, processes and procedures.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional / relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
Please note: This is a learnership and is a fixed-term contract position. Interested applicants should please apply online www.sabcareers.co.za by no later than 3 August 2017
Employment Type: Learnership
HOW TO APPLY
Click Here to VIEW AND APPLY ONLINE