Saide is a non-governmental organization conducting projects throughout South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa. Saide’s task is to contribute to the development of new models of open learning, including the use of distance education methods, educational technology and open educational resources.
Job Title: Assistant Programmer
Remuneration: will be commensurate with skills and experience
Employment Type: Part-time position (up to 40 days this year and under 25 days for each of 2021 and 2022)
The purpose of the position is to support the development of a mobile application for a digital book creation and publication for the African Storybook (ASb) initiative though a custom website. This position will report to Saide’s highly experienced programmer who has been responsible for the ASb website and two APPs, the ASbReader App and the African Storybook Maker App.
Saide, a well-established, highly professional non-profit organization, supports policy makers, systems and educational providers to increase equitable access and success to quality lifelong learning.
- Support the development of a mobile application for digital book creation and publication via a custom website
- Support the end to end mobile application development lifecycle
- Perform programming duties for an interactive App development in iOS/Android Platform/Windows
- Deploy the App to various application distribution networks (App Store, Google Play Store)
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Work on bug fixing and improving the performance of the application
- Support end-users during the beta-testing phase of development and an ongoing basis until the end of 2022.
Key skills and attributes:
- Hands on experience in frameworks such as Apache Cordova
- Strong knowledge of a Linux/Apache/MySql/PHP (LAMP) environment
- Able to work to stringent deadlines
- Can be flexible according to client/business needs
- Good verbal communication skills
- Able to pay attention to detail.
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science or related field,
- at least one year computer programming experience.
- South African citizenship or permission to work in South Africa.
A written one page motivation, CV and three work related referees with contact details should be sent via email t0 to: e-mail: [email protected]; www.saide.org.za
Application Deadline: 30 September 202