Posted on :
1 Jul, 2013
To oversee the development and implementation of the SABS West Coast Region laboratories portfolio of products and services including but not limited to advisory services, certification, testing, training etc. within scope of control as well as to drive the implementation of the sales strategy within scope of control as it relates to the SABS West Coast Region.
Develop and grow SABS West Coast Region portfolio of services and products:
• Ensure the retention of current markets and customers.
• Conduct regular Key Account visits to existing clients.
• Develop plans to ensure annual revenue growth of existing customers and new markets.
• Conduct promotional visits to potential and existing clients.
• Ensure that targets that have been set are met and exceeded.
Create a culture of customer service excellence for the SABS West Coast Region:
• Ensure that customers experience standards are understood and applied to all areas of the business within the scope of control
• Review the customer experience measures in order to monitor trends (positive and negative) and to develop action plans
• Create local measures to ensure that the customer experience can be effectively monitored
• Monitor and ensure quick resolution of escalated client complaints and personally respond where necessary
• Ensure that all customer’s needs are effectively addressed
• Develop, deploy and monitor strategies to maintain client relationships
• Ensure that there are harmonious working relationships between the customer and SABS employees/representatives
Build relationships with key stakeholders of SABS West Coast Region:
• Build relationships with government officials at a provincial and local level by understanding the players who influence business decisions
• Build relationships with business unit heads within the scope of control so as to ensure a deep local understanding of the products and services that are offered by the SABS
• Actively build a relationship with Line of business internally so as to ensure that the channels of communication are open
• Ensure that relationships are effectively maintained through networking and regular interaction
• Act as a subject matter expert on areas within sphere of control as is relevant for area of expertise
• Co-ordinate and ensure harmonious working relationships among all role players
• Ensure effective management of Service Level Agreement with the Commercial clusters.
• Ensure a good understanding of the customer’s business by attending customer events and conducting regular site visits.
Provision of ongoing market intelligence so as to ensure that the SABS West Coast Region develops products and services in line with current and future needs:
• Ensure end to end partnership relationships, customer retention and business and market growth
• Provide ongoing market intelligence for the central database through the analysis of competitor trends and other data gathering exercises
• Consistently identify and establish projects to increase the reputation of the SABS
• Identify, understand and build a knowledge base regarding the customer, its products and services, abilities and business strategies
• Initiate feasibility studies and keep abreast of current and potential changes in the market
Marketing and uplifting of the SABS brand:
• Participation in exhibitions, workshops, seminars etc.
• Proactively identify and explore potential value adding business opportunities (local and international)
• Proactively market the services offered by the SABS to potential clients through the attendance of networking sessions and other similar engagements
• Develop strategies to identify and explore potential business opportunities
• Minimum B. Degree or any sales related qualification
• 5 years related experience in a sales and customer management environment, mainly in an industry such as Microbiology and Water Chemistry
• Computer literate (MS Office Suite including Access, Internet and other related programs)
• Own car and willing to travel
• Driver’s License
• Planning And Organising
• Results Orientation
• Customer Focus
• Building Relationships
• Organisational Awareness
The SABS has a policy of developing staff where possible to meet current and future needs; candidates should be prepared to undergo further training if required.
How to Apply
Click on this link or on the Apply Now button at the end of this page to apply online