This internship will provide the incumbent with the necessary skills and training and to develop the specific competencies required in executing research-related activities at our Shaw Research Centre.
Job Title: Forestry Research Internship At SAPPI
Positions: Forestry Research Intern x 83
- Assist with tissue culture laboratory activities such as media preparation and sub-culturing.
- Assist with Research trial activities such planting and measurement.
- Assist with data capture and analysis of trial data
- Safety awareness and implementation of policy
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Research knowledge (would be a recommendation)
- Planning and organizing
- Safety and Quality awareness
- Ability to work well under pressure
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 / Matric qualification
- Relevant Forestry, Horticulture or Botany Diploma/Degree or related qualification
- No experience required
- Computer skills Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Driver’s license would be beneficial
REPORTING TO: Principal Research Officer – Research, Planning & Nursery
Opportunity Closing Date: Friday, June 29, 2018