SAREBI supports viable small enterprises in the Clean Tech and Clean Energy sector. We are a small business incubator located in Atlantis, Western Cape.
The Incubator aims to grow small enterprises through relevant support mechanisms, unlock opportunities and to provide non-financial business development support. We support a portfolio of entrepreneurs located in different parts of the country through our virtual services programme.
Job Title: Finance and Talent Officer
Location: Cape Town
The purpose of the Finance and Talent Officer is to ensure the implementation of strong Financial, Human Resources, Industrial Relations and Governance Systems for SAREBI and all its clients under management.
Reports to: General Manager and serving as a member of the Management Team
Salary Range: CTC R300K to R360K P.A
- General Duties
- Responsible for full accounting function for Sarebi and all clients under management.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department.
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
- Prepare annual Budget and Cash Flow Projections.
- Develop an effective asset and inventory management system and controls.
- Implement sound procurement systems that adheres to the PFMA and MFMA requirements.
- Manage annual audits for Sarebi and its clients.
- Formulate and enforce policies and procedures regarding company’s cash disbursements.
- Review and strengthen financial and accounting internal controls to ensure protection of the company’s financial resources.
- Hire and train accounting staff.
- Key Performance Areas
- Financial Planning & Management
- Compliance and Financial reporting
- Human Resource management & Development;
- Management of Assets
- Facilitation of audits
- Formulation of policies and procedures
- Employee and Job Ergonomics requirements
- Relevant Degree/Diploma in Accounting / Financial Management
- Strong Pastel / Sage One and other financial / data analysis Software skills.
- Ability to develop automated templates in MS office and Google products.
- Understanding of the SMME and non-profit company environment;
- Excellent command of English;
- Clean un-endorsed driver’s license as periodic site and client visits are required.
- Knowledge and Key Skills
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Solid knowledge of General Ledger to Trial Balance including month end journals.
- Knowledge of Budget Planning, Financial Management and Accounting Principles and Practices;
- Knowledge of Business and Management Principles and practices;
- Knowledge of operating and capital budget concepts;
- Understanding of the Renewable Energy sector
- Previous Experience
- Minimum of 5-years (+) experience in financial accounting & management
- Clean Tech Sector-specific Industry relevant experience would be an advantage;
- Experience in a small business environment or working with sme’s advantageous;
- Experience in or working with Non Profit Companies or Social enterprises advantageous;
- Employee & Job Behavioural Competencies
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Self-starter with supervisory, review, and proofing experience
- High degree of managerial, analytical & numerate skills;
- Ability to multitask
Please submit your application, including a cover letter with salary expectation and contactable references, certified copies of your academic records and a complete CV on http://www.sarebi.co.za/careers/
Application Deadline: Monday, 5 August, 2019