Configuration and maintenance of access control systems in support of Physical Security and Anti-corruption operations.
- Setup and configure access control equipment to enable remote control over access points.
- Install and configure switches, routers and or modems at security equipment rooms to ensure communication between the National Security Operations Centre and SARS sites.
- Setup and maintain internal network connectivity between access host and client computers to ensure an access control network at the SARS site.
- Ensure that access network equipment installed is continuously upgraded in line with the technological developments.
- Assist with the installation of general security equipment and systems at SARS offices on demand.
- Collect and deliver access control equipment that has to be obtained and installed in emergency situations.
- Receive and dispatch access control equipment and components to ensure speedy maintenance installations.
- Keep track of access control equipment and cards to facilitate audit operations.
- Maintain a database of all access and identification cards
- Print identification cards on instruction to enable the Physical Security section to provide authorized personnel with exclusive identification cards.
Experience and Education:
- Grade 12
- 3 years experience in technical security
- Relevant training regarding IT Networks
- Employment Equity
- The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process. For statistical purposes, please indicate your Equity status (race, gender and disability) on your CV.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Evaluation skills
- Communication Skills
- Conceptualization skill
- Computer literacy
- Negotiation skills
- Basic Electronics
- Strong analytical skills
Putting our people first is an integral part of SARS business strategy. In support of this and our ongoing evolution towards becoming the best employee-centric employer in South Africa, our Human Resources strategy aims to create a high performing environment for our people by role modelling and embedding the right behaviours and values.
How to Apply
Click on this link to apply online
Apply online before 16/09/2013.