SARWatch works for participatory, transparent and accountable utilisation of extractive resources in a manner that optimises transformative social and economic benefits and inter-generational equity, with sensitivity to environmental and human rights impacts.
Job Title: Campaign Producer
Employment Type: 12 Month Full Time Contract.
The purpose of this position is to work as part of the Justice for Miners Campaign team to build and drive the Justice for Miners campaign.
- Have strong organizational, administrative and communication/writing skills and experience
- Engage with mining communities and partner organisations in Southern Africa to arrange screenings and discussions in the rural sending areas of mine labour
- Build and strengthen relationships with ex-miners associations, social justice groups, organised labour, unions, student organisations, universities, research institutes, civil society organisations in South Africa and the region to promote campaign goals
- Engage with government institutions (including the Medical Bureau for Occupational Diseases, the Compensation Commission, ministries of health, mineral resources, labour, and national assemblies), mining corporations,
- The Employment Bureau of Africa (TEBA), the Tshiamiso Silicosis and TB Trust and political actors in Southern Africa to achieve campaign goals
- Contribute to creation of campaign materials
- Coordinate and contribute to the training of campaign facilitators and activists;
- Arrange events and campaign activities with partners in South Africa and the region
- Contribute to print, electronic and social media presence of the Campaign
- A social science degree
- Strong administrative and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to be self-driven
- Commitment to social justice and transformation
- Creativity and love of communication with people
- Proficiency in English and other languages (the ability to speak more than one language from the countries involved would be an advantage).
SARWatch and Breathe Films are looking for a dynamic, confident and multi-skilled producer for the “Justice for Miners” campaign associated with the documentary film, Dying for Gold.
kindly sent your CV to [email protected] with the subject line clearly stating “Campaign Producer”.
Application Deadline: Friday, 8 November, 2019