SARWatch works for participatory, transparent and accountable utilisation of extractive resources in a manner that optimises transformative social and economic benefits and inter-generational equity, with sensitivity to environmental and human rights impacts.
Job Title: Admin and Finance Assistant
Reports to: Snr Finance and Admin Officer
Remuneration: Market related
The purpose of this position will provide administrative support to the programmes and finance teams and ensure the effective functioning of the SARW offices. This role works across different teams within SARW and will ensure effective finance and general administration and flow of information between work streams.
- Administration Support:
- Provide overall administrative support to the SARW Team including PA support to the Executive Director
- Provide critical administrative support when organising SARW events
- Maintain all the filing and documentation of the office.
- Perform office management tasks as necessary including answering the telephone, e-mail, and mail management.
- Responsible for the preparation of correspondence, directives and comments on behalf of the SARW Director for his/her signature and making follow-ups when required.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the SARW Director.
- Help to ensure that SARW staff in all offices are constantly updated with relevant information about SARW activities and events.
- Financial Administration:
- Ensure compliance with financial and other organisational policies and procedures.
- Analyse the monthly bill, produce private bills for private usage where applicable and a summary report for review by management.
- Support the management of the SARW budget priorities.
- Assists the SFAO in budget preparation and tracking of budget spend.
- Assists in the preparation of expense claims.
- Arrange for timely sign off on expense claims with management.
- Prepare and process external contractors’ contracts and payments.
- Develop and manage the Office budget and set out clear priorities and timelines, ensuring cost saving initiatives are implemented.
- Prepare payments and reconciliation of SARW’s creditors and manage all supplier queries
- Assist with the preparation of budget and forecast reports.
- Constantly review the cash flow position to ensure sufficient funds are on hand for disbursements.
- Monitor and advise role players on the status of the budget.
- Process financial transactions and ensure all entries are recorded against the appropriate budget category in the accounting system.
- Prepare bank, petty cash and general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist staff with technical requirements and problems that arises in the course of their duties.
- Conduct asset counts, processing and the recording of the fixed asset register.
- Reconcile the fixed asset register.
- SARW Travel:
- Oversee and manage SARW’s travel processes and procedures.
- Oversee the provision of efficient travel and related services and ensure SARW is always receiving competitive travel rates.
- Advise staff members of any visa requirements and/or work permits
- Ensure all travel risks are identified and mitigated.
- Reconciles all travel advances.
- Manage and facilitate per diem payments if required.
- Office Management:
- Responsible for the upkeep of SARW offices and facilities.
- Ensure compliance with SARW policies and procedures.
- Oversee the procurement of office equipment and consumables.
- Ensure that office equipment is in perfect working condition
- Responsible for ordering and ensuring that the necessary supplies are available.
- Ensure that the computer network is functioning properly and effectively and liaise with IT to assist with difficulties.
- Efficient in calendar management and outlook
- Time-management and organization skills
- Good understanding of bookkeeping procedures
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Excellent administration and communication skills
- Pay attention to details
- Strive for excellence, professionalism and high -performance levels
- Acknowledge diversity
- Recognise that our region is dynamic and ever changing
- Use our privileged financial position effectively
- 3 years’ experience at this level and 4-7years overall experience required
- Diploma or higher Degree in Business Management or Accounting or a combination of relevant experience, training and an appropriate qualification.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential and the ability to speak French and Portuguese is Advantageous
Submit CV with contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating “ Finance and Admin Assistant” on the subject line.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 27 February, 2020