Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In South Africa and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
Job Title: Awards Intern – Regional Program Unit
Location: Esaro- Pretoria
Level 1 – The role holder will not have contact with children and/or young people, or access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work.
This role will support the Awards unit in planning, securing and managing of both development and humanitarian awards over the life of award and closeout. This role will work collaboratively with Save the Children members and all thematic leads supporting them to ensure smooth management of development and humanitarian program awards, sub awards and contracts, focusing on AMS data integrity/completeness, donor compliance and accountability.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Awards Manager
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
Role Dimensions: Involves extensive internal communication and coordination with thematic leads, budget holders, Country offices, Finance, RO teams and externally with SC members and partners providing operational support on all aspects of award management.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Understanding of the Award Management System, maintaining and driving data quality.
- Update Award Management System records and ensure that it’s a true reflection of the current award status at all times, and have all required documentation attached.
- Support the Awards Coordinator in undertaking AMS Audit for completeness and make follow up of each award/SOF for any outstanding documentation regularly.
- Participate in the award kick off meetings and be responsible for taking the minutes then uploading all relevant documents onto AMS
- Learn and follow SCI processes and relevant donor requirements.
- Ensure all award schedules are updated and with correct reporting templates.
- Supports the Awards Coordinator in circulating the monthly reporting tracker to the teams on a monthly basis and ensure reporting schedule is also updated on submission of reports.
- Maintain the monthly awards tracker including summary documents for all awards and reporting deadlines. flagging any compliance issues with the Awards manager for action.
- Support the Awards Coordinator in ensuring that Audits are competed in a timely manner and shared with donors.
- Support in timely closeout of all RPU awards ensuring all the implementing office actions are completed.
- Support the Awards Manager on regular award review processes by taking minutes on designated awards.
- Run reports from AMS to support the Award Manager with monitoring of the Award Portfolio and follow up on issues identified and solutions to resolve.
- Support in the analysis of the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) results and other management information in order to identify and address operational issues.
- Support in ensuring that all partners undergo legal vetting and are input into and approved through AMS.
- Support during partner assessment and ensure that all the final documents are uploaded on AMS including the subaward agreement/addendums and annexes.
- Participate in partner monitoring and upload the final program and finance monitoring tools.
- Support in reviewing partner budgets to ensure they are aligned with donor agreements and compliance.
- Supports the Awards coordinator in ensuring data integrity and completeness of information in the system for all partner documentation including reports uploaded onto AMS.
- Working closely with the finance team, ensure all partner audits financial reports are completed and updated on AMS.
- Participate in RPU partner coordination calls, takes notes/actions and circulate to the team.
- Support the Awards coordinator in ensuring that partner closeout happens before awards closeout.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, and achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members, external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in International development, Grants Management, Business administration or relevant field.
- 1-2 years of experience in a grant’s management role. Not-for-profit organisation preferred.
- Computer fluency; highly competent using Microsoft Excel and other MS applications.
- Familiarity with computerised accounting systems
- Ability to gather facts and data, scrutinise with ease, determine a logical solution and resolve issues with minimal supervision.
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
- Proven ability to handle a workload and multi-task in order to meet deadlines.
- The highest level of integrity and commitment to preventing corruption.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all department
All applications should be done: Here
Application Deadline: Saturday, 19 September, 2020