Save the Children South Africa (SCSA) is seeking the services of a Procurement Officer to provide procurement and logistics support to its projects, currently based in the Free State province of South Africa. In addition to providing procurement and logistical support, the incumbent will be required to coordinate procurement activities for all the projects in the province and monitoring internal procurement systems.
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Fixed Term: 12 months fixed term contract
Reports directly to: Procurement Manager (Pretoria)
Reports indirectly to: Support Services Manager
Base/ Location: Free State Provincial Office (QwaQwa)
Child Protection Level: 2
Travel Requirements: Limited
Budget Responsibilities: None
Asset Responsibilities: Laptop
The Procurement Officer will be managed, on a day to day functional basis, by the Free State Support Services Manager and will be based in QwaQwa, Phuthaditjaba.
- Assisting in assessing available budget prior to procuring goods and services.
- Responsible for obtaining quotations from suppliers in line with SCSA policies and procedures.
- Making travel, accommodation and flight bookings to support project staff.
- Responsible for the preparation and accurate processing of purchase orders and goods received notes in Agresso.
- Responsible for attending to queries from staff and vendors with reference to purchase orders.
- Responsible for investigating qualitative and quantitative discrepancies between goods ordered and goods received.
- Ensuring invoices are received timely from suppliers.
- Responsible for timely submission of final invoices to the Finance and Accounts Department for payment.
- Monitor internal procurement systems and processes and ensure that compliance is achieved across the organisation.
- Maintaining good relationships with suppliers.
- Maintaining the supplier data base.
Conduct all other project related responsibilities as may be required and supported by your superior/s.
Qualifications and Experience
- Matric or similar qualification
- Basic understanding of Accounting and Financial procedures.
- Diploma in Procurement, Supply chain or Purchasing will be an advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a procurement environment. PFMA procurement experience will be an advantage.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong initiative and ability to multitask;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills specifically for working with customers and suppliers;
- Excellent organisational and co-ordination skills;
- Must have the ability to pay attention to detail;
- Knowledge of the accounting systems will be advisable;
- Must be able to work under pressure and resolve problems;
- Demonstrable skills and proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Sound work ethics and ability to prioritise and work independently.
Send applications to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 1st September, 2018