In partnership with Save the Children Sweden, Save the Children South Africa (SCSA) is implementing a project that seeks to ensure that all children benefit from a safe environment through strengthened child protection system. The programme aims to influence policy and legislation to ban corporal punishment in the home, to support and equip children, caregivers and communities to prevent and respond to violence against and to facilitate safe school environments for children.
The purpose of this role is to serve as the implementing technical expert for the CPP project. The Project Coordinator will also assist the Project Manager in planning, monitoring, and evaluating of child protection activities for achieving the goals, outcome and outputs which are included in the CPP strategy and logical framework particularly related to Child Protection Systems, Violence Against Children and Positive Parenting and Discipline.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for liaising both internally with other units and externally with other organisations to ensure proper coordination and implementation of the programme. The Project Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Child Protection Project Manager, and in close collaboration with the respective Provincial Managers.
Job Title: Child Protection Project Coordinator x 2
Fixed Term: 2 years ( January 2020 to December 2021)
Reports to: Child Protection Project Manager
Base: One in Limpopo (Polokwane) Provincial Office One in Gauteng Provincial Office (Johannesburg)
Travel Requirements:30% domestic when required
Budget Responsibilities: None
Asset Responsibilities: Save the Children work tools
- Identify potential Child Protection stakeholders and resources for partnership /project implementation in the targeted locations;
- Conduct daily project activities as stated in the annual implementation plan (i.e. training, mentoring etc.)
- Manage project implementation challenges with support from the CP Project Manager
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly project data collection
- Manage and implement filed baseline, mid-line & end line which include training of enumerators Implement CPP activities according to the set approved plans, budget and quality benchmarks
- Facilitate CPP Project quality benchmark audits and creates the report
- Prepare CPP Project quarterly reviews and reporting according to the results framework
- Be responsible for gathering and ensuring documentation of learnings from the CP project including dissemination of good practices across the project
- Develop monthly project implementation plans and reports (both narrative and statistical)
- Facilitates project documentation i.e. developing dissemination project case stories (good practise stories case studies etc.)
- Establish new and essential stakeholder relationships
- Strengthen existing stakeholder relationships at Districts and local level
- Coordinate and facilitate the Child Protection Systems reports and maintain the database of child protection referral and feedback
- Any other related responsibilities as the CP Project Manager may require.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in English and other local languages
- Experience in planning and facilitation skills
- Competent in Microsoft office and project management tools e.g. excel
- Ability to take initiatives and multitask without supervision
- Driver’s license
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and coordination skills
- Financial management and understanding of budgets and management thereof
- Knowledge of the local languages spoken in Limpopo and Gauteng will be an added advantage
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant development or social science field or equivalent recognised Project Management qualification;
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in the South African children’s sector;
- Demonstrate skills and experience in project implementation, preferable having worked in the NGO sector
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Community mobilisation skills
All candidates must send their CV’s and Cover Letter to [email protected] with subject ‘CP Project Coordinator’ and stating the specific base Province. Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 06 January 2020