The SA Procurement & Logistics Officer drives PHIA regional procurement based on request placed by PHIA Inventory Coordinator.
Job Title: Procurement & Logistic Officer (PHIA 2.0)
Roles and responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the Procurement & Logistics Officer shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate with Inventory Coordinator and PHIA Regional Logistics Team on needs per activity and timeline.
- Initiate procurement as per ICAP / CU SOP.
- Prior to requesting purchase order (PO) double check quote with requestor (mostly Lab Advisor) for correct commodity, quantity (incl. UOM), and delivery date, then confirm budget availability with Project Officer.
- Coordinate with global and country team on best method of delivery. The bulk of PHIA SA procurements are delivered to the Regional Warehouse in Johannesburg while some items ship directly from the vendor to the final destination. The guiding principle is time, cost, and reliability of shipping option.
- Follow through on external processes, especially with vendors & service providers, and ICAP office internally to ensure there is no slippage in timeline.
- Keep regional logistics team informed on progress, delivery ETAs, and solutions to any obstacles encountered.
- Participate on internal conference calls providing updates and understanding needs & objectives.
- Do monthly cash projections.
- Support shipping and clearing activities, importing & exporting.
- Support PHIA general logistics needs – SA based.
- Perform any other related duties as directed.
Desired experience and qualification
- University degree in supply chain / procurement / business administration, preference for medical / laboratory related degree with supply/ chain experience.
- Proven experience in executing procurements timeously in complex regulatory environment.
- Thorough understanding of HIV commodities.
- Integrity, commitment and willingness to do over time to see key procurements through.
- Fluent in English and MS Office.
- Physically ability and willingness to handle supplies, receive, dispatch stock
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Interested applicants should send their comprehensive CV’s and letter of motivation to [email protected] with the job tittle in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 6th October 2019