School of Hard Knocks uses rugby to teach life-skills to school children most at risk of dis-engagement. The organisations vision is to create positive and lasting change in the lives of children, enabling them to make positive and definitive steps towards employment or further education.
Job Title: Schools Manager
Job Location: Western Cape
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Dependent on experience
The purpose of the position is to manage the delivery of a new year round programme in four schools in the CBD of Cape Town.
- Commit to learning SOHK’s unique training methodology by self-learning, attending SOHK workshops, sports training workshops, and any other development workshops put forward by Management
- Take responsibility for SOHK schools or partners and work with the partner or school administration to deliver effective SOHK methodology
- Administer and contribute towards the Communications strategy and Monitoring and Evaluations Plan
- Contribute to the development of the programme (curriculum, games, activities, worksheets)
- Support and mentor coaches to deliver an outstanding programme
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent
- NGO programme management experience (with understanding of monitoring and evaluation)
- Involvement / leadership in outreach or extra-curricular projects
- Strong demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and maintain a high quality of work
- Interest in and ability to handle new and changing technologies
- Interest in mentoring and developing future leaders
- Own transport and valid drivers’ license
- Be dedicated to our cause, passionate about sport for development
Please Click link to fill in this application form.
Application Deadline: Friday, 17 May, 2019