For nearly 100 years Scripture Union has been at the forefront of bringing transformation to the lives of young people, enabled by God’s Spirit. This is what drives us. If you are a church leader, youth worker, teacher, or person who desires to see a generation of young people empowered to flourish physically, emotionally and spiritually, let’s connect to see how we can work together to bring this about.
We have the skills and resources to help you make a difference in the lives of the youth in your church or community. We are creating a movement that transforms the lives of young people across the Nation.
Job Title: Front Office Administrator
Location: Cape Town
This full-time position is an immediate vacancy and the successful candidate will need to commence as soon as possible. SU is needing to find a well-articulated person with good people skills, a professional presentation, enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and attention to detail.
- Managing front desk;
- Manage reception switchboard, answering, screening, transferring incoming calls and referring inquiries to correct departments;
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email;
- Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately;
- Handling deliveries and public queries;
- Maintain office security by controlling access via the reception;
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable;
- Ensure meeting rooms are kept to a high standard and inspect before and after meetings;
- Update calendars and book Boardroom for meetings;
- Manage and update the internal phone list;
- Organize employee logistics, travel and accommodation;
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, team celebrations and conferences;
- Various administrative tasks including database, post and banking, amongst others.
Ideal qualifications, knowledge and experience are:
- Relevant post-matric qualification;
- Driver’s license and own transport an advantage;
- Front office administration experiences are an advantage;
- Sound understanding of SU’s ethos and contextual South African realities;
- Committed Christian with active church involvement.
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans;
- Excellent MS Office skills;
- Great communication skills;
- Excellent phone etiquette;
- Professional attitude;
- General office administration skills;
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Please send a CV (no more than two pages) and a covering letter to SU General Director (Tim Black) on [email protected].
- Your CV should include your personal contact details, education, qualifications, at least three references with contact numbers and a recent photo of yourself. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information about Scripture Union, see www.su.org.za.
Applications Deadline: Monday, 12 August, 2019