KZN: Classroom training is based in Westridge, Durban. Practical training will take place at any of the AMPATH depots in the Durban region. No accommodation or transport will be provided. Upon completion of the Phlebotomy Learnership Programme the learner will be placed in the KZN Region.
GAUTENG: Classroom training is based in Centurion, Pretoria. Practical training will take place at any of the AMPATH depots in the Gauteng region. No accommodation or transport will be provided. Upon completion of the Phlebotomy Learnership Programme the learner will be placed in the Gauteng Region.
Purpose of Position
- To collect blood and non-blood specimens within a learning environment under the supervision of a registered nurse
- Grade 12 with English, biology and maths as subjects
- Mathematical literacy NQF level 3
- Literacy NQF level 3
- English (1st language NQF level 3) and (2nd language NQF level 2)
- Communication skills
- Numerical reasoning skills
- Level 1 first aid training
- Home-care based training
- Basic knowledge of MS Word
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Computer skills
- Perform phlebotomy related administrative tasks to ensure correct recording and processing of information.
- Manage money/cash flow of depot to facilitate collection of payments for phlebotomy services rendered.
- Perform phlebotomy procedures in order to ensure sufficient delivery of nursing services.
- Perform safety tasks to ensure safety standards are upheld.
- Maintain good client relations to promote the image of Ampath.
- Customer Focus: The ability to handle clients in an effective and professional manner.
- Action orientation: Demonstrates personal commitment to the organisation.
- Problem solving: The ability to quickly grasp the core of a problem, attend to relevant detail when analysing the problem and to determine possible causes for a problem.
- Quality orientation: The ability to meet quality and productivity standards.
- Interpersonal sensitivity: The ability to display an awareness and consideration for other people?s feelings, needs, viewpoints and opinions.
- Flexibility: The ability to adapt work methods, ideas and habits to align to the changing environment.
- Teamwork: The ability to act as part of a team and to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team.
- Attention to detail: The ability to identify errors and correct mistakes.
- Task structuring: Plan, prioritise and structure own work to achieve objectives.
- Stress management: The ability to maintain effective work performance under pressure.
- Rotation for practical work experience
How To Apply
Apply Online for the Ampath Learnership Programme
Closing Date: 30 June 2017