- Your role is to drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- You will be responsible for identifying the business needs of their clients and stakeholders, to determine solutions to business problems
- You will also need to work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
- You will also have to elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis
- You will also need to collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
The Business Analyst’s role includes eliciting and documenting all business and functional requirements, design models, best practice for the business and assists in alignment of business processes and defining project benefits for the project. The BA is also responsible for ensuring that agreed-upon project tasks and assignments are completed on time, on budget, and within quality standards.
experience and qualifications
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- Completion of formal BA training and certification programme (e.g. FTI).
- Financial industry experience, Consulting experience an advantage.
- Experience with Agile delivery methods is desired.
- Knowledge of SDLC
- Strong analytical and product management skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Business case development.
- Prioritize requirements and create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups.