Experienced, hands-on, delivery-orientated Senior Business Consultant to work within a systems development and integration environment. People, implementation and logistical problem-solving in a technical context will be an important part of the role. Must demonstrate in depth knowledge across Business Analysis and must have the ability to apply them in medium to complex project environments (SME / Technical Expertise). Must be able to lead project teams (of between 2 and 6 individuals) to deliver successfully. Project Management experience will be advantageous. Must be willing to support internal operational processes in addition to client delivery.
Qualifications / Technical Skills
- IT related undergrad in B.Com IS or Honours in BusSc IS / B.Com IS with a minimum of 5 years IT consulting experience
- 5+ years’ experience in systems development delivery and project management, ideally in a financial services / insurance environment. We’re looking for a strong generalist.
- Hands-on experience in the software development lifecycle is important.
- Exposure to Microsoft Technologies (SQL Server, .Net framework, C#) is advantageous
- AGILE/SCRUM experience is a requirement.
- A thorough understanding of the software/system development process is essential.
- Exposure to Enterprise Analysis is advantageous (e.g. business cases, scoping & feasibility, business architecture, solution assessment, etc.).
- Must be able to prepare realistic and achievable project plans and strategies across SDLC.
- Must be able to lead and coach teams to high performance levels through application of Agile techniques.
- Must coach and work with Product Owners to help them properly define and prioritise requirements, scope / time / quality / cost / resourcing / communication / risk / procurement / integration management
- Experience in negotiating corporate culture and building relationships.
- Corporate experience essential.
- Business Analysis skills is required.
- Ability to lead a team and shape an assignment.
- Coaching / mentoring of less experienced business consultants.
- Emotional intelligence
- Be able to motivate people
- Good negotiation skills
- Be able to influence opinions / decisions
- Must be able to manage conflict
- Attention to detail and delivery orientated
- Versatile, hands-on, willing to get ‘stuck in’ (will need to do own project administration).
- Delivery focused and proactive, a self-starter.
- Responsive to change.
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with clients and team members.