Posted on :
27 Aug, 2012
27 Aug, 2012
Senior Business Development / Marketing Consultant Position
Based in Sandton CBD – Gauteng
My client, a Leading Law firm based in the Sandton CBD seeks an individual with high work standards, strong business acumen and who has a passion for business development. Experience in the Professional Services/Corporate/Investment Banking sector will be an advantage.
The successful candidate must have:
• BComm / LLB / Business Development Qualification / Marketing Degree / IMM
• Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in business development, client management and marketing
• Experience within a professional services, corporate environment preferably private, corporate or investment banking
• Passion for business development
• Proven track record of driving and managing a business development or client relationship management function
• Project management experience
• Entirely proficient in Microsoft Office
Your busy and challenging day will include but not limited to:
• Reporting to the Marketing Director, the position requires the following:
• Ability to research, plan, write, and execute the overall business development strategy for practice areas
• Embark on Business Development activities to grow existing business, cross-selling and bring in new clients
• Interpret information gathered to identify opportunities and trends
• Keep abreast of business developments
• Plan, organise and manage marketing activities with the view to increasing client loyalty
• Ensure that the brand and the brand strategy are implemented and controlled
• Completion of tenders and new business pitches
• Extract information from the Marketing database to establish, maintain and enhance client relationships
• Client liaison and relationship building in conjunction with the respective Partners
• Assist teams with completion of directory entries, the writing of brochures etc.
• Provide market information to both internal and external clients if and when needed
• Manage existing client relationship processes and develop new client relationship processes
• Set goals for business growth and implement plans to achieve them
• Monitor progress of new business development
• Project manage initiatives and manage internal relationships and participation in the projects to achieve the objectives
• Provide support to internal relationship teams
• Perform additional duties and assignments as may be required
• Strong business acumen and operational experience
Ability to research and anticipate business movements, likely events and the ability to utilise discretion in business planning, in often changing conditions
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy
• Planning and organising
Establishes priorities, manages schedules and be able to plan time and resources within a pressurised environment.
Able to work well under pressure without compromising work quality and standards; demonstrate resilience and tenacity. The ability to move past obstacles to achieve end results in an efficient and professional manner.
• Results driven
Demonstrate high levels of commitment and dedication to achieving goals and objectives.
• Action orientated
Act without prompting, readiness to be energetic and inventive, and contribute to innovative outcomes. Demonstrate a passion for the subject of business development and have the ability to energise others.
• Work Standards
Sets high goals or standards of performance for self, producing work timeously, accurately and of a consistently high standard. Ability to co-ordinate resources
Able to adjust and change according to priorities as the environment demands
• Strong Organisational awareness
Good business awareness, understanding of the implications of events within the organisation and the understanding of networking internally and externally. Understanding of external clients, markets and trends and the impact this has on the organisation. Ability to work in an unstructured environment
• Good Relationship building skills
Proactively developing internal and external client relationships by making efforts to understand them, anticipating and providing solutions to their needs, giving high priority to client satisfaction. Ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Analytical and Quality decisions
Able to take initiative and exercise sound judgment and decision making, offering sound and reliable information, competitive comparative advice in line with the standards stipulated.
• Written and Verbal Communication
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with ease at all levels.
Able to express ideas clearly, produce documents that have appropriate organisation and structure, correct grammar and language. Ability to sell ideas to people
• Creativity and Vision
• High Computer Literacy in Databases, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint packages.
• Good knowledge of social media
If you have strong organizational awareness and business acumen, then please apply online
If you have strong organizational awareness and business acumen, then please email your CV to [email protected]