Posted on :
27 May, 2016
27 May, 2016
FIS’s Global Trading business is a leading provider of global execution, network, market data and trading software solutions that help institutions improve execution quality, increase market transparency, decrease overall costs and address today’s data and connectivity challenges.
To manage the delivery services along with the software. Manage the delivery services that contribute to successful delivery of professional services implementation on client projects, on time, on budget and quality and therefore leading to overall satisfaction of our customers. Services can be provided both on a day-to-day basis and as more long-going engagements regarding system functionality, system deployment, upgrades, etc.
Project Management and Administration activities (key focus of the role):
• Manage the scope of the project
• Keep project plan up to date, recording actual vs planned progress
• Proactively managing the tasks with the project team, aligning with the project expected timelines
• Effectively managing issues and risks
• Proactively track billable/non-billable hours spent on project tasks
• Proactively manage tasks with the project team, aligning with the project allocated budget
• Prepare detailed reports of utilization, realization against budgeted time
• Formal and professional reporting of all aspects of the project
• Quality documents include:
o Project scope of work definition documents
o Project definition documents
o Status reports
o Project Plan management with updates and tracking
o Project Overview documentation
o Action logs, issues log, decisions log, risks log
o Minutes/notes of meetings
• Ensure that projects are accurately loaded and detailed are maintained in all relevant systems in FIS
• Build trust with the customer by demonstrating superior project management skills and experience
• Management of technical consultants configuring the implemented system and database as required. Managing resource delivery of customizations extensively using Python, ADFL (Arena Data Flow Language), acm.Net, C# and other relevant development tools. The customization process may involve the customization of software components such as products, pricing, risk calculations, workflows, functionality, and other appropriate functional and technical software components.
• Management of functional consultants configuring, customizing, testing and analysing advanced financial calculations.
• Skills and competencies:
o Very strong project management skills
o Extensive experience delivering large scale projects in financial institutions
o Strong analytical, problem solving and reasoning skills
o Proven communication and presentation skills
o Excellent documentation skills
o Stress tolerance, service-mindedness and ability to contribute in a team based structure
o Problem solving skills, willingness for hands-on work and knowledge striving
o Structure, organisational and administrative skills
o Strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate well at all levels both internally and externally
o Fluent with project management tools and methodologies.
o Prior experience with project management of implementation of Front Arena, or competitive products like Murex or Calypso is preferred.
• Suitable candidates for this position will show:
o Experience of system implementations and project life cycles.
o Working understanding of Capital Markets instruments both listed and OTC
o Experience in at least one asset class front to back, with good work knowledge of operations area around that asset class
o A genuine interest to understand the financial markets and its players
o Fluency in English, both verbal and written
o Negotiation skills and an ability to handle customer relations in a professional way
o Ability to interact with people at different levels within an organization