Posted on :
7 Apr, 2014
To provide high level technical support to the technicians within the MTN repair facility, in accordance with the manufacturer specifications and KPI’s set by the company.
1. Work in accordance with Technical and Manufacturer Policies, Procedures and Processes
2. Resolve operational issues on the line and/or escalate to superior
3. To improve the quality of high level repairs that will result in a reduction on exchange and escalated units for repair lines.
4. Ensure that you are focused on the S&R Centre achieving an average internal warranty TAT of less than 1 day on Repairs & Exchanges combined.
Coaching and training
1. Provide feedback to Technicians on their 2nd Returns and QA failures and implement corrective actions
2. Provide hands-on training to level 1 + 2 Technicians on the line
3. Introduce Technicians to new software for handsets
4. Download and make available service bulletins for HVRC and regional centres
1. Download latest software and make available to technicians for use.
2. To ensure that any external audits conducted in your environments, or where your environment has influence or responsibility, is passed with minimal findings.
3. Ensure that the workshop always meets the specifications of manufacturers related to ESD. Includes training related and knowledge share to Bloem.
4. Ensure that technicians have access to all OEM related tools, software, consumables and bulletins for the most efficient operational effect, as expected by OEMs/Natcom.
5. Ensure that a NPI document is introduced for any new product expected or notified of to ensure the successful introduction of new products and models in every instance. NPIs to be kept on a common drive for access to all stakeholders including knowledge share to PE. Criteria include:-
1. Assist with monthly stock takes
1. Prepare reports on fault trends
2. Escalate operational difficulties to Superior
Matric or N3 (Minimum)
Minimum of N6 in digital Electronics or related Qualifications (Preferred)
• 3 Years Low Level Cellular Repair experience
• 2 Years experience/exposure in High Level Cellular repair and Fault Finding Techniques
• 1 or more manufacturer repair training Certificate.
Cellular Repair knowledge
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Knowledge of latest applied/relevant software
Skills / physical competencies:
• problem solving
• Technically minded
• Willing to share knowledge
• Coaching skills
• Good conduct
• Analytical behaviour.
• Interpersonal relations
• To ensure that you are well received and respected by the team and that the team derives benefit from your actions.
Reference No: CSC/YN/DURB2
Position Type: Permanent
Affirmative Action: Open to All
Additional: • Relevant handset and repair training.
• Challenger and/or other repair management systems
How to Apply
Applications close 08 Apr 2014.