Sentinel Staffing Services has been providing a professional recruitment solution to employers and job seekers in all industries since 1999. We offer a full recruitment service for permanent and contract staff/vacancies from entry level to Financial, Office Support, Engineering, Human Resources, Technical, Information Technology, Warehousing, Legal and Senior Executives. Our mission is to ensure that our clients and job applicants are satisfied with our recruitment service and that their recruitment needs are met through our professionally trained personnel consultants. Sentinel Staffing Services has an extensive database of top quality clients and candidates in a permanent/contract capacity.
Job Title: Senior Civil Engineer
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Permanent
We are searching for a Senior Civil Engineer for a global Engineering Project and Product Development House in Centurion who work in the oil & gas, mining, infrastructure, energy, and health sectors.
The Senior Civil Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the planning, design, and construction of large-scale projects.
- Creating construction plans using CAD software
- Reviewing plans for structural soundness and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local codes
- Coordinating with contractors and subcontractors to ensure that construction meets specifications
- Monitoring construction progress to ensure safe conditions for workers and quality workmanship
- Performing cost estimates for projects to determine project feasibility, budget needs, and prices of materials
- Assisting in the design of plans for new structures, including buildings, roads, bridges, dams, and pipelines
- Developing specifications for materials used in construction projects based on research into available materials
- Provide guidance and direction to civil engineering staff, ensuring their compliance with applicable regulations, standards, and codes
- Oversee and regularly review engineering processes and resources to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Develop plans for new engineering initiatives, including investigating new technologies and developing plans for new project implementations
- Create and maintain cost estimates for projects and programs
- Maintain an awareness of emerging technologies and their possible impact on the field of civil engineering
- Promote the image of the civil engineering profession by upholding professional ethics and standards, and by participating in professional organizations
- Analyse and resolve engineering problems and demonstrate effective skills in oral and written communication
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Structural, or Environmental Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in the engineering field with at least 3 of those years in Engineering Management
- Demonstrated experience in managing technical projects
The salary package is highly negotiable based on experience, education, and current remuneration.
Application Deadline: July 23 2023