Seriti Institute strengthens the capacity of impoverished communities to create work opportunities and organise on their own behalf for personal and community development.
Seriti has been an active role player in community development for almost a decade, has added to the growing debate around the professionalisation of community development in South Africa and has informed policy discussions at all levels of government.
Job Title: Communications / Social Media & Resourcing Support
The purpose of this position is to support the Knowledge Management Coordinator to promote the Seriti Institute brand and market events, activities and programme opportunities/outcomes on social media. The successful candidate will support the Knowledge Management Coordinator in all aspects of the marketing of Seriti Institute on Social Media and will keep the conversation going with all relevant stakeholders.
- Research and Administration:
- Provide short research and write-up (half-pagers) on websites, companies, donors etc.
- Assist with brainstorming ideas with the Knowledge Management Coordinator
- Proofread for flow and understanding
- Resourcing Support:
- • Assist with the gathering of key documents/reports/feedback from different silos
- • Source research materials, photos, graphics etc.
- • Source quotations for technical media/design/communications work.
- Media and Communications:
- Drafting fresh and relevant post content under the supervision of the Knowledge Management Coordinator;
- Sourcing and developing eye-catching graphic content for social media posts, relevant to Seriti’s work areas in community development, rural development, agriculture, youth and small business development;
- Scheduling posts and keeping all pages up-to-date with dynamic content;
- Responding to comments and other interactions on social media platforms and enhancing reputational confidence in Seriti Institute in accordance with the organisation’s values; and
- Attracting new followers and building Seriti’s online footprint by influencing the conversation.
- Technical Competencies:
- Completely computer and internet literate – with command of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn;
- Ability to ‘translate’ brand and organisational activities into content for social media;
- Self-starter with an ability to follow instructions creatively and problem-solve in real-time;
- Developed interpersonal and networking skills;
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills; and
- Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar qualification in Social Science, Creative Writing, Digital Marketing or Brand Communication;
- Familiarity and dexterity with Social Media platforms;
- Knowledge of indigenous languages e.g. Zulu, Sesotho or Setswana and others is not a requirement but will be advantageous
Interested persons should send a detailed CV with contactable references to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Friday, 8 November, 2019