Posted on :
6 Feb, 2014
The Internship programme is for learners/students who have completed their IT qualification and require work experience.
Please note: This opportunity is being advertised in accordance with the company’s Employment Equity initiatives.
GUIDELINES FOR APPLYING TO THE INTERNSHIP:
• Please ensure that you apply only if you meet the minimum criteria in order to be eligible for the Internship
• You must have a valid SA I
To assist and facilitate dealing with any system or application related queries and requests in order to ensure that clients are able to operate at an optimal level. The Service Desk Agent is responsible for dealing with admin support queries. The incumbent is required to thoroughly understand research, trend, define and identify a system issue that has been reported. The agent will be responsible for ensuring that the logged system issues are resolved timely or that a workaround is provided to the relevant business area as soon as possible.
Key Outputs Operational:
• Ensure that all received queries are attended to within the agreed Service Level
• Ensure that all queries are logged and recorded / logged within the relevant systems tools
• Ensure that projects are managed accordingly and meet the set deadline
• Ensure that the set performance criteria with regard to quality assurance are met.
• Ensure that all queries are managed effectively within the set timeframes so that all calls are resolved in accordance to agreed business processes and standards
• Investigation and understanding of reported queries and obtain a clear understanding of what the actual incident is that’s being reported. Understand the extent and impact of the incident within business
• Where applicable, ensure that all telephonic calls are managed according to the stipulated departmental performance measure
• On an ongoing basis present a professional image and service delivery to all clients
• Maintain customer focus throughout the resolution of calls, ensuring that the incident is resolved within the shortest possible time
• Ensure client satisfaction with the service delivery levels provided by the service providers
Strategic / Tactical:
• Provide input as required to Team Leaders and Management on optimising internal processes and SLA’s Competencies
• Ability to do Trend Analysis
• Trouble shooting, fault diagnosis and Root Cause Analysis
• Analytical and logical thinker
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to deal with difficult clients
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Confident people’s person
• Politically astute
• Self-motivated and driven
• Team Player
• Attention to detail
• Good time management
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
• Extensive Knowledge of Discovery Health Product, business rules and processes
• Knowledge of the various Applications used in servicing the Discovery product.
Qualifications & Experience: