Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Taskforce (SWEAT) is a dynamic non-governmental organisation that addresses the health and human rights of sex workers.
Job Title: Legal Defence Centre Attorney
Job Location: Cape Town
- Manage a small team of paralegals, and human rights defenders and will coordinate activities in defence of sex worker’s rights
- Admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Four years of post-qualification experience
- English language and writing skills
- Knowledge of human rights issues, particularly in relation to sex workers
- Experience in drafting legal pleadings and opinions
- Knowledge of and practical experience in the South African criminal justice environment
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Negotiating skills
- Problem solving skills
- People management skills
- Ability to manage time adequately
- Have a strong commitment to high-quality client service
- Have experience in project management and project leadership
- Be willing to travel throughout South Africa
- Speak more than one South African language
- Understands the constraints of working for a nonprofit organisation, and can be resourceful within these constraints
To apply, submit your CV, covering letter highlighting your experience and skills relevant to the position, to Stacey-Leigh Manoek at [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
SWEAT reserve the right not to make an appointment.
SWEAT conducts all appointment processes in terms of its Employment Equity Policy.
Application Closing Date: 15th June, 2018