Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Taskforce (SWEAT) is a dynamic non-governmental organisation that addresses the health and human rights of sex workers.
Job Title: Finance and Operations Manager
Job Location: Cape Town
The purpose of the position is to manage all the support functions for the programmatic work of SWEAT, it involves managing a team of 8 people working in administration, finance, operations and HR.
- Post-graduate qualifications in finance, administration or HR or some combination thereof
- Experience in a management position in an NGO, and unequivocal support for sex worker’s rights
- Experience working with key and vulnerable populations or similar civil society settings as well as with the necessary technical expertise and experience
- Worked in a management position, managing people and processes
- Experience in managing complex budgets and financial processes
- Have some experience in the areas outside of their core competency (i.e. finance, admin, HR)
- Ability to develop ‘outside-the-box’ ideas and strategies creating potential opportunities, and innovative approaches to allow these to be realised
- Supports flexibility by introducing procedures which ensure quick turnaround and encourage flexibility in others
- Addresses longer term performance problems openly and clearly states consequences while providing guidance and support as well as constructive criticism
- Communicates and gains team commitment to a vision of what is to be achieved
- Builds alliances and partnerships which are in the interests of SWEAT in the long and short term
- Must have integrity, someone who loves working in a busy and challenging environment, who knows how to lead and motivate a team and who is excited by diversity
- Be committed to a collaborative management style and be comfortable in an environment that values all voices
To apply, submit a cover letter, explaining their relevant experience (at least one page long) and CV to [email protected] and CC [email protected]
Only those with the legal right to work in South Africa can apply.
SWEAT reserves the right to make appointments which are transformation focused and prioritises sex-workers or former sex-workers in all positions.
Application Deadline: 17th August, 2018