SHAWCO is a student–run, nonprofit community outreach organisation, independent from, but based at the University of Cape Town. SHAWCO’s mission is to practice and promote responsible citizenship in the South African context through Health, Education and Social Entrepreneurship initiatives. We create a supportive space for experiential learning and teaching, addressing inequality through innovative and sustainable approaches to community engagement.
Job Title: Centre Manager
Job Location: Kensington, Cape Town
The purpose of this position is to proactively provide efficient and effective management, administration and support of the SHAWCO Kensington Centre.
- Manage and administer of all Kensington Centre activities
- Manage staff and volunteers
- Identify needs for volunteer utilisation
- Identify training needs of staff and be accountable for their development
- Compile and ensure effective management of Centre budgets, cash flow and Petty cash
- Establish and maintain systems and structures to support services delivery and resources
- Plan and oversee building work/renovation
- Tenant Lease issue and management
- Manage Kensington Centre Hall hire and bookings for events
- Allocate, optimise and manage space within the Centre
- Ensure that the Kensington facilities meet local regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Advise on energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the operations of the Centre;
- Network, establish and maintain partnerships and stakeholder relations;
- Perform needs analysis with the community to establish needs,
- Implement services and programmes in the community served by SHAWCO based on needs;
- Stock and asset management;
- Provide monthly management reports
- Ensure that the related standards, processes, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Relevant degree/diploma in Community or Social Development, Education or Project Management
- Five years proven management experience
- Knowledge of the NGO sector
- Proven leadership skills
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Computer Skills Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Report writing ability
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be fluent in English and Afrikaans (speak, read and write)
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, passionate about social and community development
To apply, submit in a single pdf file of Copies of Diploma / Degree, Motivational letter, and CV to Daneen Abels at [email protected]
Ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 406 6740
Reference number: CM001
SHAWCO is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets.
SHAWCO reserves the right to extend the closing date as well as the right not to appoint.
Application Deadline: 24th August, 2018