SHAWCO is a student-run, non-profit community outreach organisation, independent from, but based at, UCT. SHAWCOs mission is to practise and promote responsible citizenship in the South African context through Health and Education initiatives. They create a supportive space for experiential learning and teaching, addressing inequality through innovative and sustainable approaches to community engagement.
Job Title: Financial Manager
Location: Cape Town
Employment Type: part-time,12 month limited term contract.
Start Date: as soon as possible, but no later than 1 September 2020.
Remuneration: R35,000.00 total cost to company per month.
The main purpose of this position is to manage all financial aspects of SHAWCO.
- Relevant degree in finance and accounting
- Essential requirements:
- At least 5 years of experience in financial management, with responsibility for financial reporting, budget preparation and monitoring, audit preparation, investment management, as well as routine financial tasks:
- Pastel – Invoicing, creditors and debtors (Minimum 2 years’ experience)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure within a team and independently and to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, good planning, organizing and time management skills
- Sound knowledge of tax legislation
- Essential computer skills:
- MS Office Suite
- Pastel Accounting system
- Experience working in financial management in the non-profit sector would be a significant advantage.
- Prepare and process all financial transaction:
- Manage and maintain a logical and methodical financial filing system
- Receive and respond to all finance-related correspondence
- Manage the payroll and related matters
- Assist with the preparation and review of annual plans and budgets and the development of operational business plans and/or costing of proposals
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Prepare financial reports for external funders where relevant
- Develop financial risk management and quality assurance strategies
- Process receipts and payments on Pastel and prepare and make all EFT and other payments
- Take responsibility for the year end audit, working with the audit partner and audit team
- Manage the journal transactions for ring-fenced accounts
- Manage cheque/debit cards and oversees and capture petty cash transactions
- Manage the licensing, maintenance and co-ordination of clinic transport
The position is available part-time, for the equivalent of three days per week, subject to change as needed. Working times to be agreed with SHAWCO Director.
- To apply, please email your CV with three contactable references and a letter of motivation, limited to 1 page.
- An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
- SHAWCO is committed to employment equity and redress.
- SHAWCO reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary and reserves the right to make no appointment.
Application Deadline: Friday, 24 July, 2020
For more about SHAWCO, refer to www.shawco.org.