What are the responsibilities for the role?
You will be responsible for leading a group of project managers, who in turn are responsible for individual power distribution projects in Low and Medium Voltage Division of SIEMENS in South & East Africa.
The Lead Project Manager will be the next level of escalation for the project managers under you, providing overall project direction to divisional goals and ensuring the operational adherence to [email protected] methodology. You will need to manage the project management teams to meet the goals of the division which include reaching project milestones, commercial targets, resource management, contractual obligations, claim management and managing client relationships with Siemens. You will be responsible for collaboration on project related issues with HQ in Germany, both operationally and strategically. You will be reporting to the head of project management department, who has overall responsibility of tendering, engineering and project management within the Low and Medium Voltage Division of SIEMENS in South & East Africa
A mature individual with at least 5 to 10 years project experience looking for a long term career in Project Management. Must be quick to understand project situations in order to maximize Siemens benefit in the long term by exercising right contractual, execution and relationship decisions. Must be structured, contractually minded and strong inter personnel skills.
Ensure project outcomes are aligned to Divisional strategy and planning.
Build and develop project resources and support structures for professional and optimum outcomes
Establish management relationships with customers / partners and suppliers to drive longer term goals
Ensure full adherence to the [email protected] process and overall company guidelines
Manage all customer escalations, mediate and mitigate any conflict and blocking points
Ensure contractual adherence and proper claims management
Leading the project managers functionally as well as disciplinary
Detailed Tasks include:
- Monthly project reviews and Management Reporting in line with [email protected]
- Lead point of contact and escalations for projects within your area of responsibility;
- Overall Responsibility for assigned project teams through the relevant project managers;
- Provide backup project management and technical expertise as required on projects
- Attend customer meetings together with the project managers in a supportive and management role i.e. to address items of escalation, increase customer confidence and provide contractual support;
- Provide leadership and direction to assigned project teams including mediation and conflict resolution where required
- Disciplinary reporting of project managers and schedulers
- Perform project productivity and performance analysis resulting in implementable actions to constantly improve project performance;
- Responsible for overall project profitability and reporting into the business,
- Promote and foster a strong team culture, open and transparent communication within the project teams and between other Siemens disciplines
- Ensure overall Siemens quality, health, safety and environment requirements are met
- Control and monitor the implementation and sustainability of sound project management principles in line with [email protected] for all projects to deliver good quality
- Long term resource planning for the project management department in terms of skills, systems, tools and processes
- Overall resource allocation and availability planning for all projects
- Prioritise projects, escalate and manage common risks (internal and external), risk identification and mitigation
- Continuous improvement of Internal Project Management and Siemens procedures, performance, quality and efficiency of the department
- Managing customer feedback through regular feedback meetings and surveys
- Quarterly business dialog with HQ in Germany and other Ad hoc reporting requirements
- Collaboration on projects executed in a joint approach with HQ in Germany
- Close interactions with tendering and engineering group within the department as well as outside
- Handling of suppliers for the components and services including site activities within South Africa as well as outside South Africa
- Travelling within South Africa and outside
What do I need to Qualify for the Position?
- Sound operational understanding of [email protected] or similar methodologies
- Strong contractual knowledge with NEC and FIDIC or similar contracts
- General Business Skills including conflict resolution, interaction management, report writing skills
- Management Skills including, business knowledge, general company knowledge, risk management, financial management, leadership skills
- Experience as a project manager within a projects environment
- Assertive people management skills with the ability to deal with diverse cultures across borders, languages etc
- Education: A minimum of a PM qualification. Must become PM Certified as part of the PM @Siemens process.
- Demonstrable ability to interact professionally with senior management internally and externally;
- Ability to think strategically and form long-term objectives.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years experience in Project Management
- Demonstrable technical expertise and knowledge, with established experience and proven ability to deliver on projects
- Demonstrable track record of managing teams and projects and an excellent track record of delivery
- Self reliant, autonomous with high drive for success;
- Excellent Microsoft office skills and in particular, use of Microsoft Project.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
You will need to register to apply